I made it to halfway...and a little more!

Options
sroseber
sroseber Posts: 197 Member
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I was only 0.4lbs from reaching the 20lb mark and the halfway point for me (and according to my MFP ticker I was at 20 lbs)! Today I weighed in a pound less than yesterday! So now my MFP ticker says 21lbs lost!!! WooHoo! I don't know what I'm doing different lately but the weight has started dropping off again like it did when I first started this journey. It had stalled/slowed WAY down for about a month and a half to two months and I was getting really frustrated! I'm so happy it's started dropping again and that I reached the halfway point (and officially within the "healthy" BMI range!)

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Good for you!
    :flowerforyou:
    My scale has been stuck for the past week - you have given me hope!
    I'll just keep doin' what I've been doin' and hopefully it will start dropping again soon, just like you.
    Way to go:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

Very proud of you!! This is a great encouragement for those of us at the beginning of our journey!! (:
  • sroseber
    Options
    Good for you!
    I'll just keep doin' what I've been doin' and hopefully it will start dropping again soon, just like you.

Thanks! It is very frustrating when the scale stops moving! I keep trying to do more (eating even better, exercising more) any thing I could think of to do more and it didn't make a difference. Just made me stress about it more. I finally decided to take a day or two off from my diet (not go pig out on the worst food I could find but not count my cals either...just try to be "good" but let myself have a little treat here and there) and I didn't exercise either. (which I've had a hard time getting back into regularly!) and then I started watching my diet again and (trying) to get back to doing some exercise without over doing it. Then things started moving again. I think my body just needed a break, maybe just from the stress of dieting more than the diet itself.

Good luck and I hope things start happening for you soon too!
  • sroseber
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

Very proud of you!! This is a great encouragement for those of us at the beginning of our journey!! (:

Thanks! And good luck on your journey! Just remember there are lots of hills and valley's along the way and they are both just part of the journey. If you get too frustrated with the hills you'll never make it to the next valley. Best of luck to you!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Now worriies after I reached about 15 lbs down, my scale would stick in the same place for aweek and sometimes longer then it would be 2lbs at a time. and it is still does the same to me. So hang in there.

Sroseber - Congrats to you!!!! I finally hit my half way mark last week. I know how great it feels:bigsmile: Keep up the good work
  • sroseber
    Options
    Now worriies after I reached about 15 lbs down, my scale would stick in the same place for aweek and sometimes longer then it would be 2lbs at a time. and it is still does the same to me. So hang in there.

Sroseber - Congrats to you!!!! I finally hit my half way mark last week. I know how great it feels:bigsmile: Keep up the good work

Thanks! That's about where my scales got stuck, I was about a pound or less from hitting the 15lb mark and it took about a month and a half to lose that next 3-4 lbs. And now I've lost 2 lbs in the last week! I think maybe the 15 lb. mark is where our bodies realize something is happening and starts freaking out for a little while. In the past I've only been able to lose 15 lbs. at a time (and then usually get frustrated and give up!) but I've made it past that this time and I'm going to keep going! I halfway expect that when I get close to 30 I'll have another plateau but now I know I can get through one!

Halfway does feel great doesn't it! Having lost more than you have left to loose is sooo motivating because you know you can lose the amount that you have left because you've already done it! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!