Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

dancing

i b een on mfp almost 100 days and never excerised. I dont like workout machines i have back problems and am afraid to walk to far because it may be diffucult to walk back home. So i been thinking when i listen to music i still move my arms tap my feet. so i decided everyday im going to put on the ipod to my favorite dance songs and like billy idol says... dancing with myself.. I did it today by the way thats a great song to move to. moving is moving right? just wish i had thought of this earlier. Maybe ill help someone else who like me dont like ..excersise....

mo:bigsmile:

Replies

• I am slightly obsessed with dancing whether out in public, by myself, in my car or at a group workout lesson. I love this idea AND would love to share with you my favorite video of a woman dancing by herself! If anything youll get a good laugh and some sweet new dance moves to use during your day to day dance party!

http://youtu.be/ft8GNg4wyIk

I hope your enjoy this as much as I did!
  • jennatha
    jennatha Posts: 20
    Dancing is a good way to get some calories burning! Crank up the tunes while you do house work:)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    You can burn a lot of cals dancing and it is an incredibly fun way to do it! Go for it!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 510 Member
    I love to go line dancing but I also love the hip hop booty shaking songs too.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    great idea , it burns a lot and it's fun!! :flowerforyou:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    that's the first exercise I started doing when I joined MFP. I still do it!!! It's free!!! The kids can do it with me!!!! And you are right, moving is moving, and moving is burning calories!!! Way to go and find exercise you enjoy! Since you like it, you are more likely to stick with it.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Check with your doctor first, but hula hooping is a great cardio workout for people with back problems. My mother is 77 with spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis and she is able to hoop. You will need a weighted fitness hoop (available at Wal-mart for around $20 in the sporting goods section).
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    I ♥ to dance too! I went to a "show" (4 bands) on Friday night and danced like a maniac. Lots of jumping around - was a big ol sweaty mess when I left. I wish I would have worn my HRM, because the calorie burn from MFP's calculator didn't seem accurate at all.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    it is fun, you can log it as dancing, general. i'm not much for heavy workouts, i do some yoga here and there and jog with my dog. i do enjoy going out dancing or dancing around in my apt. i recently found my skip it from 1988 and that is pretty awesome workout too
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Dancing is a great way to workout!!

I occasionally go salsa dancing. Last time i wore my HRM and burnt over 1000 cals in 2 hours!
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    i went and watched the video funny yes amazing yes you can really move and with no plan you move more i think
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,170 Member
    I've been dancing lately for exercise, too.

Thanks to the one who posted the video! Enjoyed it!
  • bump for seeing video later...I love dancing and walking...Dancing to good ole country or whatever, but I especially like BOB SEGER, "JUST GIVE ME THAT OLD TIME ROCK 'N' ROLL..the kind of music that soothes my soul.. Some people may not like it but I love it...
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    love bob seeger hes on my ipod...
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    I do the Wii Just Dance and count it as low impact aerobic because I sweat doing that more than when I run!!!