newbie, just topping up

I was 17 stone and post 40years old and depressed. Then I started eating less and bought some scales.
The simple trick I found was just to ask myself DO I NEED THIS to everything I ate. Soon I was cutting out food I used to just eat without thinking about it. This is probably why this kind of site works. Face up to what you eat and just decide to stop eating some of it. The habit gets easier and weighing myself worked.

I got a wii fit and it was added motivation watching the little red dots slip further and further down the chart, through obese and overweight towards the magic "normal" zone. Normal bathroom scales would be just as good though really.

Eventually I started buying smaller clothes and that motivated me more and more. Then I found I could walk further and not get tired. Instead of getting the bus up the hill I walked it and soon was walking miles. This obviously helped the weight loss and toned me too. I feel very much fitter. Sleep better, concentrate better - probably because I sleep better.

Now I'm a size 10 (UK). I can shop in nice shops for clothes and clothes shopping is fun again instead of embarrassing torture.
Over the winter I've put on about 6lb from lazyness mostly. So I'm giving this little internet tool a go to help me lose it for the summer. Easy enough I reckon. It took me 18 months to lose 7.5 stones.

so this next few weeks there will be no crisps (chips), sweets or extra little treats. Recording everything honestly will help with that and I'm pretty confident I can get down to a slinky summer shape in no time at all.

I'm 45 and was fat for 15 years. If I can do it then so can you!!