advice for upcoming "extreme workout"

Options
Extreme for me, anyway!

For the past month I've been going to an intense exercise bootcamp 3x / week, 1 hour each time, and supplementing with elliptical at home on 2 other days/week. In a few weeks a group of us at work are starting up our 'bike to work teams'. I've done it before, it is 12 miles to and from work on a relatively flat route. I'm thinking of trying the cycling after a bootcamp. I think I can do it but am a bit nervous. I plan to eat my usual oatmeal after bootcamp (I'm always very hungry after....not to mention TIRED) and then 1/2 hour later start the bike ride. I then have the day at work to recover and then another 12 miles at the end of the day.

Any advice on the best way to recover after bootcamp before I start the ride? Anything special to eat or drink, or do in the coming weeks? Is this crazy? From past experience, the boot camp OR the round trip bike ride feels like a full day's workout for me and I have never done both on the same day. If it matters, I am about 15ish pounds overweight, 43, 5'4, female, but somewhat athletic under the excess weight and I don't appear to be in any immediate danger of a heart attack :).