In Search of Good Snack Options

Options
2»

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary. I tend to snack all day rather than eat real meals :)
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love kale chips.....to make your own, tear up some kale, toss in olive oil and a little salt, bake at about 350 until crisp, usually less than 10 minutes (watch closely!), or buy them at the store, usually in the health food aisle. They barely make it off the cookie sheet in my house!
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you're on the run and your tummy starts to rumble, stop into the nearest McDonald's and - I know this might be more of a kid's item, but, - get yourself the apple slices with caramel dip. With the dip the whole thing is 100 calories and without the dip the slices alone are only 40!!! Another thing that I like that tastes great, those chestnuts you get at dollar stores. Moist, delicious, low in fat, and after about 10 you start feeling satisfied. That's how many I limit myself to each time, just don't forget to refridgerate the rest or they'll go moldy. So, bon appetit!!!
  • jamiejason98
    Options
    A good thing is pretzels, the long stick shaped ones. They are good and you wont be eating alot. A good thing I like to do is take what I want and put the bag away. Think is it really worth eating that much of a snack and having to work it off just for the snack.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i like to make my own protein bars. >~< i made raw/vegan ones yesterday
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    almonds
    hummus with celery
    peanut butter with celery or apple slices
    Lara bars - any flavor
    dark chocolate- within reason of course
    cheese
    hard boiled eggs
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love plain nonfat greek yogurt with fresh or frozen berries and a little honey or gluten free homemade granola.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love to snack and I've lost 30lbs since January with these:
    100 calorie popcorn,
    cut up veggies - cauliflower, broccoli & carrots ( I buy them and cut them all up myself and put them in gallon bags for the week.. it's cheaper and fresher)
    roasted & salted edamame (soybeans),
    sugar free jello cups,
    bananas,
    frozen fruit bars,
    trail mix is filling (but be careful as they pack a ton of calories - 160 in 1/4 cup, I think!) so I usually go for 1/8 cup and make my own with unsalted sunflower seeds, some dried fruit, soybeans and nuts,
    beef or chicken jerky,
    apples, whatever fruit is in season,
    smoothies - homemade made with skim milk, frozen fruit and non fat greek, plain yogurt
    chocolate soymilk (120 cals in 1 cup) and it's delicious (Silk brand)
    Sugar free fudge bars
    pretzel sticks
  • Crystalball78
    Options
    I love to snack so I will eat any of the following

Special K cracker chips-110 cal for 27 chips
    1 cheese stick with 5 ritz crackers
    1 cup of cucumbers with 1tablespoon of salad dressing
    or 1 serving of fruit snacks(my favorite)
  • MoeNificent
    MoeNificent Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These are great snack ideas. I am currently adding them to my grocery list!
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have to say that those Fiber One Bars are so good! AND they also give them as snacks to the Biggest Losers! It is a good source of fiber and tastes almost like a candy bar! I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and was allowed to have one of those bars as a snack.
  • creativeweighs
    Options
    Favorite (Healthy!) Snacks:

Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
    Reduced Fat String Cheese
    Yogurt
    Carrot or Celery Sticks
    Apples
    Bananas w/almond butter
    Dried apricots
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oh! I just discovered I could pop my own popcorn kernels in the microwave- and for way less calories. I'll put in 1/8 of a cup of kernels into a brown paper bag, and set it for 1 min. 35 seconds...for only 30 CALORIES for about 2 cups.

This is about as guilt free as it gets, calorie wise, and if you needed some seasoning, you can add your own and control the amount of fat. Totally beats regular microwave popcorn- even the 100 calorie kind.