Dukan Diet

Options
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the Dukan diet and how did they find it?? Some friends of ours have done it and lost a lot of weight even in the first week, my pertner is keen to try it. Im not sure.

Replies

• PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What exactly does it consist of?
  • el223029
    el223029 Posts: 26
    Options
    I tried the dukan diet and made it through the initial first week " meat week" i called it where you can basically only eat protein for 7 days. I will say this... I did not feel very good after that. I did loose around 5 pounds but it was all water weight. After that I just switched to a regular balanced diet... not sure it was worth it. Great for quick results but Im not sure I liked it for long term..
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tried it and lost 10 pounds in a month, and then stalled for 2 months, so I decided to go off of it.. I gained 20 pounds after going off of it, and am just now (after 7 months) starting to lose again. I didn't go back to any old eating habits, just decided to eat a healthy, balanced diet. The weight just piled on anyways, even at 1400 calories a day.
  • sweetpinot
    Options
    This diet is difficult... I'll be completely honest. I'm on day 3 of the Attack phase and craving some sugar! That being said - it WORKS and I will not be giving up anytime soon. I am VERY impressed.

I am 5'4 and started the Dukan Diet on Monday weighing 133.6 lbs. I have lost 2.4 lbs every day, and am down almost 5 lbs. My stomach is flat and I have not been hungry once, though I have gotten somewhat dizzy during my kickboxing and running.

I am going to say that so far, this has been a success. I don't love eating meat all day long, I miss fruits and crave them, but while I'm losing weight how can I complain?

Cruise phase starts tomorrow... can't wait for a big salad!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Not knowing the specifics, it's hard to say anything specific! It will work great for some, and not at all for others. Just like any other diet system out there.
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for a week yesterday and have lost 10.8lbs so far. I am in the cruise phase now doing the alternating protein only & protein+Veg days and love it. I never feel hungry nor have I been tired. I had some bad cravings during the first couple of days but those have gone away.
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you're missing bread, try making the Dukan Bread found on proteinweightlossdiet.net. It doesn't come out huge but it's lovely with boiled eggs and Philidelphia Extra Light Spread and if you cut it into 15 slices you can can have 3 slices a day! I eat the oatbran pancakes most days but it's nice to have something different too and I've always enjoyed boiled eggs and soldiers!
  • lindteecork
    lindteecork Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am back on the Dukan diet after an almost 5 month break from it. I more or less stopped it last December without going into consolidation (where you slowly go back to eating normally) I lost 28lbs but have put back on 8 lbs since then. However I did give up cigarettes in January and my diet has been shocking especially at weekends, so it was no surprise I gained. I have tried to lose it a couple of times since then by calorie counting in the mean time but that does not work for me.
    So back I'm on it again with a goal of losing the 8lbs I put on and a further 3-4lbs! It does work but it is not for everyone, not by a long shot! I would advise to give it a go.
  • cjunlv
    cjunlv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am now! It is working for me :) 8 lbs so far
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    The diet works great if you want to lose lots of muscle, there are other better diets out there that produce just as good fat loss results without the muscle loss.
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It worked for me and a friend. However by worked I mean there was weight loss, but neither of us could stick with it long enough to reach our goals altho we've lost a good couple of kilos. My friend keeps coming on and off it, (xmas and easter hiccups) but I've decided to take what I learnt from it (the values of protein) but include it in a far more veg (altho centring on low carb veg) diet.
    I felt like I was losing weight but didn't like how guilty I felt constantly and had serious concerns about not getting enough nutrients. Plus when I read the book, most of what Dr. Dukan says seems to be mispelled :huh:
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    I did it twice and whilst I admit I lost a lot of weight during the attack phase, in the long run I did more damage than good and set myself back drastically. If it works for you, then great, but ultimately, like any other 'quick fix' diet out there it will probably leave you feeling unsatisfied and frustrated and that is just a blue print for disaster...or it was for me...