You know you're getting fit when..........

Options
This is to go off the 'You know your losing weight when......' because I'm more after fitness goals than losing weight myself. Didn't know if anyone else had fitness victories they'd like to share. :wink:

Here's mine: When you can mow the lawn (12,000 sq ft with hills) without getting winded or having to stop for a break. :laugh:

Replies

• kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    ..... when you look forward to a work out "burn."
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I used to sit down after only 5 minutes of Denise Austin's Boot Camp work out.... Now I can do all 20 minutes of the cardio section and 10 more mins of the strength training section. I feel great. I can't wait to weigh in. This is the first week that I have done 30 mins of high impact aerobics EVERYDAY and ate the right amount of calories.....:smile:
  • dbenson48
    dbenson48 Posts: 43
    Options
    I used to sit down after only 5 minutes of Denise Austin's Boot Camp work out.... Now I can do all 20 minutes of the cardio section and 10 more mins of the strength training section. I feel great. I can't wait to weigh in. This is the first week that I have done 30 mins of high impact aerobics EVERYDAY and ate the right amount of calories.....:smile:
    Sounds like your on the right track! Keep it up no matter what, You will soon get there! It takes time to put it on and time to take it off, If you want to keep it off! :drinker: You go girl!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You cry when the stairwell door is locked and you have to take the elevator:sad:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i went from 15 ab crunches to 60 and the reps go on for ever. i feel like i could crack brazil nuts with my crunches now.
    also when i look down i can see the line of my stomach (from folds, you get me?) have shifted to a better place. they are still there bu ti fell like if i continue then they might just dissappear altogether.
    ps i love the workout "burn" too not that i do alot h aha
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    When you take your husband on the 8.2km uphill in 60min walk you do almost every night and he has tears in his eyes because he's so proud of your accomplishment. (My husband is in a wheelchair so I drove the route I walk to show him.) I also wanted to know how accurate google maps is in calculating distances... it was pretty accurate.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When you do a 3.2 miles run and it is easy :)
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: You keep exercise while watching your favorite shows, instead of eating!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    When your boyfriend makes you flex your arms to show off to friends...he's such a dork. :blushing:
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    When people you haven't seen in for a while look at you and say...what do you do to work out, because they want to start doing it.

And when you take a walk with someone you have always walked with but realize you are not out of breath when they are.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    -you have to do two supersets of the workout that you couldn't finish a month ago.
    -you are upset because you overslept and don't have time to workout in the morning.
    -you tense your stomach muscles and you can see them move.
    -you know the trainers and desk clerk at the gym BY NAME.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    The same workout routine...30 day shred... is giving you less calories burned every time you do it.:drinker:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When your 16 year old sister is jealous of your biceps, and is eager to "catch up."
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    You run an 8 minute mile for the first time in YOUR LIFE!!! I don't think I could do this when I was in my teens, certainly not during the stupid "Presidential Fitness Exam"!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    these are so great!
    very inspirational!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    When you take a 3.5 mile walk & then go straight to the gym anyway.
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    you're considering a 5 mile hike when you go to Hawaii instead of spending that day lazing on the beach. :glasses:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    When you actually enjoy a 60 min step aerobics class even though you're dying by the middle of it.. and you can't wait to go back and do it again!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    When you talk to friends about your workout routines with the same excitement as when you used to talk about junk food!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    see the line of my stomach

I can't wait for my stomach fold to go from horizontal to vertical. :smile: I find more ways to fit in more exercise because it feels good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!