protein help

Options
megg0616
megg0616 Posts: 59 Member
I have been on MFP for almost 2 months now and have lost only 5 pounds. I went back over my food diary goals and realized that I am not getting enough protein. My goal is 120g and I'm lucky if I hit 30 a day. I know that protein is vital to weightloss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I would do a shake but I can't see doing that everyday
Has anyone tried the special k protein bars? Pros/ cons? Thanks in advance

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open so I will be limited in what I can add.....I would be interested in seeing overall calories and what you are eating. Protein won't hurt but whatever calories you add for protein you will need to remove (and probably more) from carbs/fat. Honestly whey powder is going to be the easiest for you......You can also have egg whites, chicken, fish, shrimp, greek yogurt, etc...there are lots of options. I would stay away from the "protein" bars....Most of them are glorified candy bars.
  • megg0616
    Options
    I was leaning towards whey but I don't want to have to veld it all the time. Any suggestions on non smoothie ways to consume it? I do eat eggs fish peanut butter chicken yogurt all of that bit its just not enough. Lol
  • megg0616
    Options
    ** blend
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I was leaning towards whey but I don't want to have to veld it all the time. Any suggestions on non smoothie ways to consume it? I do eat eggs fish peanut butter chicken yogurt all of that bit its just not enough. Lol

one very small chicken breast (4 oz) has over 20 grams of protein......That is why I would like to see your diary. How many calories are you taking in and how much protein......btw.....that 4 oz chicken breast is only 100 cals. Also...You dont have to blend protein....Pick up a shaker bottle. You just put in water or milk, add the protein and shake. no blender needed.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jacwhite22. Simple servings of meat, eggs, peanut butter, and yogurt should put you above 30-40 without even trying. A Fage 6oz plain greek yogurt provides me with 18g and 100 calories and that is just my midmorning snack. You also may want to add some beans including soybeans to give you a low cal high protein and fiber option.
  • megg0616
    Options
    Ok thank you I do eat chicken a lot. I think I need to eat it for lichen also I eat mostly non proteins for lunch such as raw veggies and fruit.
  • megg0616
    Options
    I can't type today!