measurements

amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I avoid taking my measurements becasue I don't think I do it right because I never seem the lose.

The biggest thing I have troubles with is measuring my waist....I don't want to suck my tummy in, but I also don't want to stick it out....I can't seem to figure out how to just relax and measure correctly.

And I KNOW I have lost inches....while buttoning my pants this morning there was a 2-3 inch gap between my tummy and my pants and I HAVE to wear a belt, when a year ago I couldn't even get them buttoned.

When is the best time to measure? Is any time during the day as long as you don't feel bloated from recently eating ok?

Replies

• I would assume the best time to measure yourself is the same time it's best to weigh yourself. First thing in the morning before you've eaten.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    I measure every couple of weeks or so, on Saturday morning, right after I weigh in.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    I measure in the morning after my shower. I try to measure the same time each time and on the same day.
  • MagPie78
    MagPie78 Posts: 15 Member
    I always measure & weigh in the morning before eating. Also just stand normal dont hold it in or out just normal, then measure around your natural waist about 2" above belly button.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    I am having the same issue. My waist doesn't seem to be shrinking in inches as much as the fit of my clothes seems to indicate - not to mention the scale. On the other hand, my "overhang" above my c-section scar is smaller I am sure!

Does this mean that larger folks like me tend to shrink "up" before we shrink "in"??? Opinions???
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    I have the saaaame problem!!! When I first started measuring, I was apparently measuring my waist at the completely WRONG spot and when I got a dress-maker to measure, there was a 7 inch different from her measurement and mine! Granted, I liked hers better because it was less...but everytime I go to measure myself, I have no idea.

I never want to measure too high because I don't want to cheat myself and have myself think I have less of a waist, but I don't know exactly where!

I'm thinking of just getting a friend or my mom (who is also a dress-maker) to measure me once a week. It must distort my body and measurements a little...especially when I have to bend over and measure my thigh, or look down to measure my waist etc....

I usually measure myself in the morning.

So maybe try having someone else measure???
This discussion has been closed.