I won free shoes!!

Options
I woke up today (I worked last night) to an email from Fleet Feet in Pittsburgh, Pa. I had been there getting fitted for running shoes and signed up to win a free pair. And I won!! Woohoo. Now the dilemma is this- When I was there I tried on Asics Gel 3030's and the Brooks Adrenaline 12's. I went with the Asics to run in. I am a Nurse and work long hours on my feet. I'm contemplating going and getting the Brooks to wear to work because they were very well cushioned. Or should I get another pair of the Asics for later when my current ones wear out.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    go for the work shoes, your back will thank you!!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I vote work shoes, too.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    congrats! I vote work shoes too!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I vote for a spangly pair of impractical shoes that are sparkly and beautiful to look at!!!!!!!!! oh and then get a new frock to go with them xxx
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Work shoes is where I was leaning. Save myself that money now!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I vote work shoes too, afterall your on your feet all day! :happy:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - Work shoes - and I actually like having two sets of trainers - that way both of them last longer :-)
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I'm love the Brooks Adrenaline line. I started with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 5 and am now wearing the GTS 11. I've tried on others over the years but always come back to Brooks....
    Until I find something that works better I'll stick with them....
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Work shoes...your feet will thank you now :wink:
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Work shoes for sure!!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Def work shoes, you're going to get new shoes in a few months anyway, at least that gives you some months to save... and the shoes to work for the money to save ;)
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I won a pair of shoes too about 6 months ago from my local running store and I went with Brooks. They are awesome. Brooks would be my vote! Congratulations!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    While the running shoes are cushioned and feel comfortable, they really are designed for running. Something that is very comfortable for a two hour run may not feel as comfortable after a 12 hour work shift. You probably want something with a less flexible sole and more more lateral support at work.

Walking shoes, cross trainers or tennis shoes offer different kinds of support and you can get well cushioned trainers without spending a ton of money.

So, I don't have any feedback on which shoes to buy, but if you are getting running shoes get something you'll want to run in.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    work shoes..