Ground Turkey

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes with ground turkey?

Not sure what to make tonight...

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I do a turkey meatloaf with onions and barbeque sauce. You can also do stuffed peppers or a chili :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm making taco salad with ground turkey tonight. I use it in spaghetti- sloppy joes- anything you normally put hamburger in you can use ground turkey. Cindy :heart:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If you go to Jennie-o 's website they have SOME AWESOME ONES!!!!! and some of them are biggest looser ones!
    (Not that I can get Jennieo turkey here, but I ues the recepies anyhow)
    :bigsmile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Even Turkey burgers are pretty good with the right condiments/toppings. Just make 'em like you would a hamburger, but of course they are better for you.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    This one is really good.
    I make my students learn it.

Stuffed Green Peppers

Ingredients
    4 green bell peppers, top removed and seeded
    Cooked rice (can use leftovers), about 1 cup serving when cooked
    11 oz of lean ground beef or turkey
    To taste; Basil, oregano, Italian Seasoning
    3-4 Tablespoons of chopped onion
    2 cloves minced garlic
    Salt and pepper to taste
    2/3 can of diced tomatoes with chilies
    ¾+ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 can condensed Tomato soup
    Water as needed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Cook ground turkey until done. Season with generous amounts of basil, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Remove from pan, keep warm.
    3. Sauté onions and minced garlic for about 5 minutes.
    4. Cook rice, equaling about 1 cup when cooked. Read package for directions.
    5. In a large pot of salted water, add green peppers and cook for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle insides with salt.
    6. In a large pan/pot combine; meat mixture, onion-garlic mixture, tomatoes, rice, ¼ cup water, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
    7. Stuffing; put a small amount of cheese in the bottom of each pepper, then stuff with meat mixture and top with more cheese.
    8. Place peppers open side up in a baking dish.
    9. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and just enough water to make a gravy type consistency. Pour over peppers
    10. Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes; remove foil the last 5 minutes to make sure the cheese melts completely.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new recipe tonight - Mexican Cornbread Pizza.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Mexican-Corn-Bread-Pizza
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    I'm making taco salad with ground turkey tonight. I use it in spaghetti- sloppy joes- anything you normally put hamburger in you can use ground turkey. Cindy :heart:

This is one of my favorite uses too!!! Also I make some REALLY!! yummy Southwestern turkey burgers, here's the recipe:

1 lb. lean ground turkey
    1 med red bell pepper, diced
    1 med yellow bell pepper, diced
    1 med red onion, diced
    creole seasoning (season to taste)
    splash of light soy sauce
    splash of hot sauce
    slice of reduced fat pepper jack cheese

mix meat, veggies and seasoning together (you can either add the soy sauce & hot sauce to this or wait until they're in burger form and spalsh on each side). Form into burgers. grill for about 7-8 minutes aside. Add cheese at the end and enjoy!! I usually have them on whole wheat buns, with romaine lettuce,red onion & tomato. A dab of reduced fat mayo & spicy mustard. VERY YUMMY!!!