Workout sneakers

Darkskinned88
Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
Just doing a quick poll before i buy....what types of sneakers do you work out in, what types of exercises do you do in them, how much did you pay or are willing to pay for a good pair of workout sneakers

Replies

• loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Sorry, don't have an answer, but I am interested in what others say... :)
  • Nesa122
    Nesa122 Posts: 1
    how did you guys loose so much weight? its soooo hard?
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Nike free run 2, best shoes I've ever had and I paid $90 and I wear them any time I workout!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Bump for later.. I paid 150 for a pair of NB.. hate em!! I'm about to buy the new reebok zigactive.. they run about 100.. considering asics.. Also need a good pair of shoes for lifting..
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    I treadmill 5x a week for 45 minutes, and do a bit on the weight machines every few days. I wear Reeboks, which I got for $45 at an outlet store. I have to change shoes every six months or so, as the cushion breaks down.

My favourite shoe, when I can find them on sale, are Saucony's. Great support, and light. I will buy them when they are 1/2 price, at $80, instead of $160.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    I usually wear K-Swiss Tubes. I like them because they're really light. They're not good for lateral movement though, because the "tubes" shift when you move side to side.

My sister got some of those Reebok TrainTones (NOT SHAPE UP TYPE) and raved and raved until I got myself a pair, then her boot camp instructors were like, "STOP WEARING THOSE!" so I dunno. They keep me off-kilter so I don't wear them much, huge waste of money.

Most of the hard-core gym peeps I know that work out a lot wear those new shoe things that have the separate toes! Weird but they say they're awesome and they love em.

I just realized I didn't help much. Lol
  • miKACKsh
    miKACKsh Posts: 10 Member
    i guess it all depends on what you want to do in your shoes. i bought a pair of nikes that i use for both cardio and for yoga. i also made sure that they havea good arch and a think sole. i think i paid around 100$ for them, but you will have to find a pair for your specific foot type and exercise
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Oh, and my Tubes were like $70...and I would pay up to $150 if I found like an AWESOME AMAZING SUPER DUPER pair.

I use the treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, I jump rope, do lunges, squats...everything really. I DON'T play tennis or BBall in them though, due to the lateral issues I talked about before.

:)
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Puma Faas 400 for me right now. Lightweight and stylish. Do Insanity, weight trng, and volleyball in them. Compared to Nike, Reebok and Asics, just as good without the hype price.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I do mainly cardio at the gym and wear Vibram FiveFingers. I plan to add some strength training and those might not be good around heavy weights.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    nu balance cross trainers for running and basketball shoes (converse) in the gym
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Nike Free's my man.

Different color for every outfit too. Stay clean.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    I am 4 weeks into exercising after nothing for years. I am treadmilling, rowing, weight training, and doing Zumba classes. I got New Balance 336 general cross trainers on sale for $50 and I am happy with them so far. My plantar facia issues are not getting worse, but are in fact improving.