You work out to what???

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
One of my 'gym buddies' and I were chatting before spin class and he looks at my ipod and asks me..."so what are you working out to". I told him I has paused it on Tool but really I was listening to Brittany Spears 'Toxic'. Its my all time favorite workout song.
So what's on your ipod that you would lie to hide?

Replies

• insaneandroid
    Options
    A lot of times I listen to cheesy dance and techno music. hahaha. It just helps me stay stronger and get more motivated when I run, hahaha. But either way I dont think you should be ashamed of what you are listening to. If it motivates you and gets you going you should be proud no matter what anyone else thinks...or how embarrassing it might seem.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Shuffle thru Webbie songs especially "Like that" Kanye, Jay Z, UGK, "Bizzy Body", Tupac, Jezzy.... etc
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, sometimes Kesha.... Um oh T.a.T.u
    I shuffle through them.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I listen to Travis Matte's Booty Call and Too fat to wear that and Horace Trahan's That Butt Thing. Funny but not necessarily what I want some people to know about.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Whatever the newest mixtape/album drop is. At long as the beat is hard and the lyrics are real I can mob to it.

On rotation currently is Rick Ross - Rich Forever, Game - California Republic, Tech n9ne - Kluster****..with a few throwbacks here and there. Jeezy mostly. Huge Jeezy fan.
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I find it easier to run while listening to Indie rock or old rock n roll classics like Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Men at Work and such. Keeps me focuses because the lyrics are easy to follow :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout but generally, dance/house for cardio & hip-hop for strength...if it's spin bike or running then most certainly it's trance
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I watch What Not to Wear while riding my staionary bike or doing step at home...the incentive to shape up is incredible...Pick Me, Stacy!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I watch What Not to Wear while riding my staionary bike or doing step at home...the incentive to shape up is incredible...Pick Me, Stacy!

Hahaha love it! Usually when I go they just have on soaps or the news. Though I did once watch all of Con Air while on the elliptical....yep. Got weird looks. Did I care? Nooooo :)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    It changes by the workout

Elliptical-Eminem Recovery LP/Michael Jackson/reggae/Gym TV if somethings interesting is on
    Lifting-Wu Tang/90s hip hop basicaly
    Long walk- Leave it on shuffle
    Playing Basketball-Current hip hop
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i have a 'workout play list' on my zune that includes pink, lady gaga, bowling for soup, metallica, ac/dc and areosmith.

awkward mix i know :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    <
    Body by Pantera
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    When I'm on my treadmill, I read my kindle. When I go out for a hike, I listen to a mish-mosh of stuff to help me keep a good pace - Lenny Kravitz, INXS, Barenaked Ladies, Pink, Neon Trees, Gotye (recent download), Alanis Morrisette
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Hahaha love it! Usually when I go they just have on soaps or the news. Though I did once watch all of Con Air while on the elliptical....yep. Got weird looks. Did I care? Nooooo :)

Love it! Nick Cage right? Mmmmm....
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed by any of the songs on my ipod, although I'm sure a lot of other people would be lol. I've got a little bit of everything on there:

Abba
    Incubus
    Glee cast
    Christina Aguilera
    LMFAO
    Avril Lavigne
    Silverchair
    The Corrs
    O-Town
    Alice Cooper
    Ludacris
    Black Sabbath
    Taylor Swift

just to name a few lol
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Love it! Nick Cage right? Mmmmm....

Yeaaa! Muscles and a good movie! I was NOT leaving the gym