SO excited....

Options
it is only day two for me here on MFP... but I have been working on this lifestyle change for weeks with no results... today that changed... I got on the scale for my weekly weigh in and WOW 5lbs GONE....:noway:
goes to show that your hard work will pay off... :bigsmile: THEN (and this makes me ever happier) I got to the office and there were raspberry pastries on my desk :huh: talk about a bad situation :laugh: so guess what I did (eat four of them like I would have in the past) NOPE I gave them away... I didn't eat one... and then I had my own healthy breakfast!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Good job. I don't want to burst your bubble- but it may be water weight. Though the lifestyle change is what you really should be looking for, so giving up those treats- awesome job!
  • msilmon
    msilmon Posts: 8
    Options
    Good job!! It is hard to give up temptation like that. Sounds like you are on the right track!!

227567.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Come on people be more encouraging! Any weight lost is great whether water or not! Great Job!!! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Come on people be more encouraging! Any weight lost is great whether water or not! Great Job!!! Keep it up! :drinker:

I think she was being encouraging! Education is the key to success. By recognizing the fact the not all of the 5lbs is likely to have been fat, will help to keep her on track and avoid discouragement if she sees a smaller number next week.

Great job on the weightloss and especially on the willpower. Keep it up and you will reach you goals in no time!:flowerforyou:
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks guys... the water weight thing is interesting.... because when I first started about 2 months ago I lost 10 lbs wicked fast and since then I have only lost 0.5lb ... I knew it would come off slow after the initial drop but this second drop is weird... more water weight...??? or just my body catching up??? any ideas???:flowerforyou:
  • musicisluvxo
    musicisluvxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!

So everyday kids in my class are supposed to bring in treats, and today this girl brought in DONUTS aka DEATH to any diet. I told myself, every time i thought about the donut, to take a sip of my wicked fuzegreen tea and it worked! i actually gave it away to a friend! i would have eaten like 2 of them, had i not been trying to cut down drastically. every bit counts

so im super happy for ya, cuz i know how good it feels to rid yourself of temptation!

:bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    thanks guys... the water weight thing is interesting.... because when I first started about 2 months ago I lost 10 lbs wicked fast and since then I have only lost 0.5lb ... I knew it would come off slow after the initial drop but this second drop is weird... more water weight...??? or just my body catching up??? any ideas???:flowerforyou:

Could be either of those .... the scale really isn't a great way to measure your success, especially over a short time interval (like daily or even weekly). Have you been tracking your inches lost?

So you lost in total 15.5 lbs over 2 months (10 + 0.5 + recent 5)? That's fantastic!
    You really are doing a great job. Keep it up!
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks! I want to measure... but to be honest... :laugh: I feel like I am fooling myself sometimes ... becuase I will place the tape so the # goes down... and then I think... is that the same place I measured last time or was it up an inch or so... and then there would have been no change ect... ??? (you get my drift) I think I need someone to show me how / where to measure so I am doing it correctly or it will be as up-and-down as my scale :noway: :laugh:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

I think she was being encouraging! Education is the key to success. By recognizing the fact the not all of the 5lbs is likely to have been fat, will help to keep her on track and avoid discouragement if she sees a smaller number next week.

Great job on the weightloss and especially on the willpower. Keep it up and you will reach you goals in no time!:flowerforyou:

I understand what you mean, but other people here rant about losing their first 2lbs and no one really mentions that it could just be water. I am justing saying Congrats to any weight lost whether water or not. Just my opinion.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!