New, Motivated and Scared to Death!!

Options
Hi Everyone! This is my 1st day on MFP. I am 31 (YIKES) and have been pretty "small-medium" most of my life. In 2008, I got married and moved from TN to WI. Loved my husband, hated WI. (Sorry Cheeseheads). It was so cold and dark all the time, people were not exactly oozing hospitality, I hated my new job and my in-laws treated me terribly, so I pretty much hung out in the house stuffing my face. 4 years (almost to the day) and 35 pounds heavier, I'm BACK in TN and ready to get down to my happy weight. I'm so glad to be back but have been hesitant to contact many of my friends to let them know I'm here because I am sooo fat now. Blech! Anyway, over the past few years, I've become quite the emotional eater and I'm looking to break that habit and pick up a fitness game. I just started a new job and was surprised at the number of women who talked about losing weight, but went out for fast food daily at lunch. Eh- no thanks! My husband and 8 year old are both very slim, and eat anything they want. Grrrr! I'm hoping to meet some new supportive friends who will hold me accountable and offer advice. Add me, friend me! As soon as I learn how to use my iPhone app, let the fun begin!

Replies

• keithelston
    Options
    A fellow Volunteer. At least with you being from TN I'm hoping so lol. Keep in mind, the only person you have to keep happy about who you are is you. If you are committed, serious, and doing your best to get to your goal, don't let others' opinions get you down. It's hard to avoid the fast food at lunch, since for many it's easier than making something at home and bringing it with you. If they let you eat on the clock at work, then you could use your lunch time to do some walking. I'm Keith, originally from Cleveland, TN. I'm retired military and finally decided I'm tired of being tired, so I'm using this site to track when I'm eating, and hoping it keeps me in line. I'm not as thin as I was in the military, but then again, I was never really little either. Keep faith with yourself and all will be fine.
  • AllisonLaBonte
    Options
    I can totally relate. My husband and I moved from CT to AZ and he traveled for work 90% of the year. I hated my job, I hardly had any friends and I was miserable in a place where I knew no one and my husband wasn't even home. I went on Zoloft and Xanax and ended up going from 154 lbs to 195 lbs in 2 years. Then I got pregnant and gained another 38. I'm finally down to almost pre-pregnancy weight. I'm at 200 lbs, my daughter is 3 months old. I've been eating better for a month and working out for a week doing the 30 Day Shred. I lost 9 lbs since last month! Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other to keep going!
  • SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Friend request coming your way--- you'll definitely find this is a supportive community. I've been here for nearly a month and have gotten a lot of great info from people who are truly here to do something with their bodies and lives... it's inspiring and definitely keeps you accountable.

Cheers!
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a husband that eats all the crap he wants and in front of me so I know how difficult it can be. Feel free to add me and I will help you stay motivated. Us girls need to stick together. I can't remember the last time I went out for lunch. I'm working very hard to lose. I'm sorry you didn't like WI...I am a cheese head born and raised...we are not all unfriendly. Welcome!