What are some of your top 3 dieting staple must haves?

Options
I'm trying to keep variety in my diet as a strategy this dieting time around. As you all know, the quickest way to fail at dieting is to kill the pallette with boredom. I would like you to share your top 3 dieting discovery powerhouses which work for you. What's your dieting discovery must haves? What food surprised you that you can't be without? My top 3 dieting discovery must haves are: protein powder, popcorn, and stevia. And you?

Replies

• Pupster92
    Pupster92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow light Swiss, Greek yogurt, and Costco apple Gouda chicken sausages?..also love the flavored liquid stevia. Skinny Pop popcorn is my new favorite :)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    peanut better, truvia, zone perfect protein bars :)
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    non-fat yogurt, apples, salmon
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1) MiO to flavor my water (I only enjoy plain water if it is during a hot day or a good workout)
    2) Ziploc bags - Not food, obviously, but portioning out serving sizes of everything helps me when I'm running late and throwing together a lunch for work. If I didn't plan ahead and do that, I would leave myself no choice but to hit the drive-thru.
    3) Nonfat yogurt & fruit. I make myself a little parfait with vanilla yogurt and strawberries. It hits the spot for that sweet tooth I get and keeps me away from the snack bar on our work-funded ICE CREAM DAY.
  • fatzombiegirl
    Options
    Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein Powder, almonds, and skim milk.
  • katermoody
    Options
    I love to throw my vanilla or chocolate protien powder in my coffee as a switch...Multi-grain English muffins are another must have...a little fat free cream cheese a slice of Canadian bacon or some sugar free jam or half one and half the other you get your sweet and salty...Last but should have been first is my Zeal vitamin drink...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    1: Mio is awesome LOVE IT, especially the strawberry watermelon flavor.
    2: fresh local veggies, especially fruits. I love fruit. It's so great having it on hand during the day.
    3: Eggland's best precooked prepeeled hard cooked eggs. Grab n' go hard boiled eggs without the hassle of peeling. WIN.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    popcorn is my only must have. I love it that much. Always make sure I have room for a minimum of 1 bag a day. :D
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, eggs and tilapia
  • Ltitus01
    Ltitus01 Posts: 4
    Options
    1. Morning Star "Veggie Burgers" - I can actually feel like I am eating something of real substance
    2. Special K Cracker Chips - You can have 30 chips for 100 calories - great snack with some humus or fat free ranch dip
    3. Chicken breast - I always keep some around to grill and throw in a salad, or eat with a veggie.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I love to throw my vanilla or chocolate protien powder in my coffee as a switch

I never thought of that! How much powder would you add to a regular-size coffee mug?
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled Eggs, greek yogurt, cheese sticks (cabot seriously sharp is my fav)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's

Caffeine

Willpower
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's

Caffeine

Willpower

Hehe. I also like these.

For me: Tuna, greek yogurt, and Ben & Jerry's (I refuse to do it without ice-cream... I am going to prove you can get abs eating ice-cream daily). Although, I never go without the caffeine either... but had to include tuna & greek yogurt... those help me get my protein without adding too much fat... and because I tend not to be a huge meat eater.
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bolthouse farms ranch, smoked almonds, and egg whites
  • huckabeebug
    huckabeebug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1) MiO to flavor my water (I only enjoy plain water if it is during a hot day or a good workout)
    2) Ziploc bags - Not food, obviously, but portioning out serving sizes of everything helps me when I'm running late and throwing together a lunch for work. If I didn't plan ahead and do that, I would leave myself no choice but to hit the drive-thru.
    3) Nonfat yogurt & fruit. I make myself a little parfait with vanilla yogurt and strawberries. It hits the spot for that sweet tooth I get and keeps me away from the snack bar on our work-funded ICE CREAM DAY.

I second the ziploc bags. Diffently helps with portion control... Also yogart and quackers rice cakes...(they allow you to eat alot more than 2 for recommend calories. ha)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    almond milk, various zero calorie beverages, protein powder
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, peanut butter, tuna

(but don't mix them all together! Ewwww!)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    loving dry roasted edamame as a snack
    dannon greek yogurt
    cantaloupe, honeydew
    berries
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Carbmaster yogurt, I can't believe its not butter spray,Mio