Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Try to be hopeful

msilmon
msilmon Posts: 8
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this website and I am trying to hopeful about losing weight this time. I have been dieting on and off ever since I had children which has been about 15 years. I am now 33 and it is harder than ever. I have tried so many things. I am very good about exercising but I am a bad snacker in the evening. I can ruin a whole day of good eating very quickly and then I become discouraged. I hope that tracking everything can help me see what I am doing. I would love to change my lifestyle and eating habits!! Any advise would be appreciated and again, I hope this will work out this time!!

Replies

• Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    I am in the same boat! I have done the same thing for the last couple of years. Right now I am really hanging on to I have to do this for myself, I have to prove that I can eat healthy. With summer here I am hoping that before and after dinner I can be outside and busy with yard work or going for a walk or something so that I am not tempted to snack all night. I have also gotten rid of most of my trigger snacks-animal crackers, pretzels anything crunchy munchy.
    Hope that helps.
    Erica
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Welcome! This is an awesome site: Extremely helpful and inspirational. Full of people like us motivating each other to be successful. Full of now skinny people who have stuck with it for a long time and are at or near their goal weight. I have only been with myfitnesspal for about a week, and I'm hopeful and confident of being on the right track.

When I let myself go I too am a terrible night snacker. I find that counting calories on this site and plugging in my exercise keeps me out of the fridge at night. If I go there, then it's going in my food diary, and I'd hate that!

There is no magic bullet. Reach down, find that motivation, set realistic goals and go!!! You'll find a lot of help here. :bigsmile:

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever. You will love this site. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.