Grocery Shopping/Road Rage

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just got home from a horrible grocery shopping experience.....well they are ALWAYS horrible.....Am I the only one here who hates grocery shopping??? You know....when you go in the aisles....you want something...but there is someone standing there...so you just pretend to look at something else until they move....but they take forever, sometimes even talking on their phones. I really feel like I get road rage with my shopping cart.....Am I normal??? lol!!

I am just happy to be home....and I am happy I stocked up for a while so I don't have to get irritated again for another week....I do smile and I am a very polite person but some people just don't care!

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I send my boyfriend. He doesn't mind.
  • DBell28
    DBell28 Posts: 45
    Options
    I hear you - I go through the aisles screaming the word "MOVE!"in my head
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just say "Excuse Me" with a smile and get what I need or they move.........works wonders.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    LOL. I must be the one in the way. I really enjoy grocery shopping. It is however one of the only times I get out of the house, so I just enjoy being out.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I don't mind grocery shopping...i bring my ipod and just be in my own little world, my thing is putting the groceries away when i get home...i need a wife or a kid lol
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    That drives me crazy! That and large groups of young kids (14-16) who kind of just hang out everywhere. It's a grocery store! Don't you have something your not suppose to be doing to do? Why are you hanging out in the bread aisle?
    Also babies. I know it's a grocery store and kids are allowed but they drive me bonkers. "mommy I want this, Mommy I want that *fake cry to get my way*" then the parents just ignoring them like it will just go away meanwhile I'm stuck having to listen to the little brat scream. I swear this lady followed me with her screaming kid for aisles. I think there is a good reason I'm not a parent yet.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    One of the things I have to do for my job is grocery shop. I hate it. I save up all my house shopping needs and work shopping needs and just get it done all at once.

I pretend it's a game. I race through the aisles, dodge other shoppers, and try to fit all the stuff in my cart like Tetris as fast as possible.

That helps.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    I don't mind grocery shopping...i bring my ipod and just be in my own little world, my thing is putting the groceries away when i get home...i need a wife or a kid lol

yes....I forgot to mention that....the putting away part....ugh!!! My kids are too young to put them away...and I dont have a husband lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy grocery shopping. And it takes a lot for me to get ragey. People being their slow, oblivious selves doesn't get me there.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    One of the things I have to do for my job is grocery shop. I hate it. I save up all my house shopping needs and work shopping needs and just get it done all at once.

I pretend it's a game. I race through the aisles, dodge other shoppers, and try to fit all the stuff in my cart like Tetris as fast as possible.

That helps.

LOL!!! Ill try that next week haha
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I love grocery shopping. I do it 4-5 times a week. Typically I only have to go through the produce and the fresh meat department.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Skip the aisles, produce, dairy and meat department are generally unobstructed, grab what you need and go... aisles are mostly full of processed junk anyway, though I do have to dive down one aisle to get the baking ingredients if i haven't been to the bulk store lately.

The one that gets me is when the store has some product display in the aisle and instead of parking just before or after the obstruction they have to park beside it so no one else can get past while they wander halfway back up the aisle for something they passed.... or cart on one side and they stand on the other side looking for the item they want... park the cart down a bit if you need distance from the shelf don't block the whole bloody aisle.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

lol very cute :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRR!! I feel you pain.. I avoid my store on busy days.. I have a major problem with the jerks that shop at my local tj maxx. I was trying to find a hat for my son today and some idiot mother and daughter team were blocking the isle i needed by both ends.. After several "excuse me" s I decided it would be quicker if i moved their cart...
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    was you at the same store i was today ?
    OMG i hate shopping.. people out here will block the aisles talking to each other, block the items etc ..
    Hi Everyone,

I just got home from a horrible grocery shopping experience.....well they are ALWAYS horrible.....Am I the only one here who hates grocery shopping??? You know....when you go in the aisles....you want something...but there is someone standing there...so you just pretend to look at something else until they move....but they take forever, sometimes even talking on their phones. I really feel like I get road rage with my shopping cart.....Am I normal??? lol!!

I am just happy to be home....and I am happy I stocked up for a while so I don't have to get irritated again for another week.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya. I would love to know when saying "excuse me" stopped meaning "you're in my way, now move."
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I just say "Excuse Me" with a smile and get what I need or they move.........works wonders.

This...a smile can move mountains...
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have assumed the shopping duties since my wife went back to work. I can't take it when someone parks their cart right in the middle of the aisle. Is it that hard to understand that the aisles are narrow? If you stop, pull your cart to the side in case someone needs to get by. This drives me crazy. Some people are just oblivious to their surroundings.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    See, I'm REALLY socially awkward. I'm also goofy looking and I dress like a goth-hobo-hippie. When people get in my way, I just stop and stare at them

just stare

they move pretty fast.

Ah, the perks of being a weirdo
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    See, I'm REALLY socially awkward. I'm also goofy looking and I dress like a goth-hobo-hippie. When people get in my way, I just stop and stare at them

just stare

they move pretty fast.

Ah, the perks of being a weirdo

You scare me just a little...I kinda like it...how's the giant puppy?