Question about Honey?

Options
Ok so I am starting to drink Green Tea through out the day at work instead of Coffee or Cola. I dont like Artificial sweetners. Just cant stand the taste plus I get headaches with them. I've been using honey as a sweetner. Is that ok?

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with honey, just sugar in a different form.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    have you tried stevia?...all natural, no cal sweetner, it's quite good. Honey is great, if youdon't mind the calories.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    It's fine but remember to log it...it does contain quite a bit of calories (I use honey as well).
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am a honey addict....but there are a lot of calories in just a little bit. Now if you are drinking a zero cal drink then i would say go for it:bigsmile:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with honey. Just make sure you count the calories. If you drink a lot of tea, it can really add up.

Have you tried stevia as a sweetener? It's natural, and has no calories. I tried it first by stealing a couple of packets from a coffee shop :devil: But, at least I got to try it first before buying a whole box. I personally prefer the Truvia brand, but I don't think that's pure stevia, I think it has additives. Anyway, it might be worth a shot!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :devil: i steal my sweetner as well:bigsmile:
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    have you tried stevia?...all natural, no cal sweetner, it's quite good. Honey is great, if youdon't mind the calories.

The cals fit into my cal count
  • sincereme
    Options
    I am a honey addict....but there are a lot of calories in just a little bit. Now if you are drinking a zero cal drink then i would say go for it:bigsmile:

Yeah I am just drinking tea. No cals. I had tried Stevia before but not a big fan.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I would (I have ) eat honey by the spoonfulls:bigsmile:
    Go ahead !!! EAT IT!
    how you doing today?
    I think I have an "anti-sugar headache" I don't think I have had any sugar today... I need some:bigsmile:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm...honey!!! I love honey! Had some this morning, now I want more!!!
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    This isn't honey related, but where did you get that quit smoking ticker?
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    This isn't honey related, but where did you get that quit smoking ticker?
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Get raw local honey to get the most benefits from it. Honey is actually really good for you... just don't go overboard with the calories. (Read Proverbs 25:16:laugh: )Sounds like you have room for it though! :smile: And *nothing* tastes better in green tea than pure local raw honey. Mmmm.... :love:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and honey sandwich....... mmmmmmmmmmmmm..:flowerforyou:
  • leiba
    leiba Posts: 12
    Options
    I have read that the way the body digests honey is way different than the way the body digests regular white sugar. White sugar is such a simple, very quickly digested sweetener... leaving you w/ no lasting energy and no health benefits.

Honey on the other hand had a multitude of health benefits, including aiding in weight loss... as long as you don't over-do it.

See this article I found.. it breaks it down pretty well. :smokin:

http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/why-honey-is-a-healthier-choice-than-sugar-633557.html
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Peanut butter and honey sandwich....... mmmmmmmmmmmmm..:flowerforyou:

Oh yeah... especially once the honey as crystalized and gotten all crunchy like... excuse me for a moment, I have to go get a paper towel to clean up the drool on my desk :laugh:
  • sincereme
    Options
    I have read that the way the body digests honey is way different than the way the body digests regular white sugar. White sugar is such a simple, very quickly digested sweetener... leaving you w/ no lasting energy and no health benefits.

Honey on the other hand had a multitude of health benefits, including aiding in weight loss... as long as you don't over-do it.

See this article I found.. it breaks it down pretty well. :smokin:

http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/why-honey-is-a-healthier-choice-than-sugar-633557.html

Thanks. I will read it when I get home.