Wow I did it

Options
familygirl37167
familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
I know it may not seem like much to most but I have never been a runner and about a month ago I went for a jog/walk and I did 5 miles in about 67 minutes which I thought was really good, so I took about a month off and said today I need to get back on the wagon I gained a few pounds back I am gonna go running, I ran 5 miles in 59 minutes........

I SHAVED 8 MINUTES OFF MY TIME, I FEEL GRRRREEEEAAAAATTTT

Gonna hit the track again in the morning..

Replies

• MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great job :drinker: BTW Congrats on losing over 100lbs..
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    That's great and yes it's a big deal...you have every right to be proud of yourself :bigsmile: Also, kudos for the big weight loss...that's motivation for me to keep going!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Thanks to ya'll I have been on my journey since Aug 17, 2008 I am hoping to to be goal weight by Aug 17 2009 which is 150. I only have a little bit more to go.
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Whoo Hooo that is great!! :drinker:
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OMG 110lb!!!
    You've just saved your life!

Congrats :happy:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!

Great job... keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • ginaoakes
    ginaoakes Posts: 84
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC !! Keep up the great work . . . and might I add you look AMAZING :happy: Congratulation on your new healthy life !
  • Jfowro
    Jfowro Posts: 6
    Options
    8 minutes is a huge cut on time. That's more than 1 minute per mile. I started seriously trying to run about a year ago and know how hard it is to shave time. Keep with it and you'll be amazed at what you can do. Congrats on what you've accomplished so far.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! You ROCK!!!
    I hate running, but I think its because I get so pooped!!! Got get this weight off!!!!
    I hear that running is an AWESOME way to boost up that metabolism and really shed the weight!
    Good for you!!!:drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Thanks I feel amazing to, some days I have days that I just wanna give up then I come to my senses. I need to get out of my head that I wednesday I can cheat becuase I weigh in wednesday morning, this past wednesday was my last eat what i want ALL day all it does is get my in trouble.

I need to get back on full fledged and stay on
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    You've lost 110 pounds! That's absolutely fantastic! if you only have 15 left, you'll knock that out in no time (although those last few aren't the easiest to lose, I understand). Congrats on your weight loss and congrats on shaving that much time off of your run! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • evill40
    evill40 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow ! 110 Lbs ! You are a queen ! I have allot to lose as well. Any tips you can give would be great ! I am not at the point where I can run (no yet anyways) so anything you find really worked for you please feel free to share ! I am new here (1 week in) and I will take all the help I can get ! (which is why I am here ! )
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    im me and I wil answer any questions you have I will try anyways
  • evill40
    evill40 Posts: 7
    Options
    Not to sound stupid but I am new to this whole thing......how do I im you from here ???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!