One Hundred Push Ups Challenge?

Options
I just ran across this: http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I'm a total weakling and can't even do one girly push up, but I can do the wall push ups so I'm doing it with those. I'm hoping that when I get to the end of the six weeks I will be able to progress to the bench push ups, and after that maybe a 'real' one on the floor. :laugh:

Anyone done this? Any thoughts about how effective it is? I just finished Day 1 and my arms feel like they're going to fall off. Like I said, I'm a weakling. :laugh:

Replies

• Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I commend you. Push ups are actually hard to do. I basically do as many as I can per day In the hopes that I will slowly be able to increase the daily count.

I was surprised that I could do as many as I could when I started. Sadly enough I still can only do about 30-35 in a sitting right now.

My military buddies need to do 77 in two minutes for a perfect PT score. That is my goal.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I didn't do any program, but everytime I was cooking I would do them on the counter top, I am also not that strong but have progressed to the floor now, and going strong...also try on the stairs...I am working on tricep push-ups now....
  • coreykantola
    Options
    My Wife, Son (13) Daughter(16) and I are doing the 100 push -up, 200 sit- up challenge. Its great just keep doing it and you will get better at it.
    Time and determination will make you successful!

You can do it! and will do it!
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I should try this. I would like to get stronger but I really cannot afford a gym right now.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I commend you. Push ups are actually hard to do. I basically do as many as I can per day In the hopes that I will slowly be able to increase the daily count.

I was surprised that I could do as many as I could when I started. Sadly enough I still can only do about 30-35 in a sitting right now.

My military buddies need to do 77 in two minutes for a perfect PT score. That is my goal.

I like this PT score idea. Looks like a great goal to shoot for!
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I should try this. I would like to get stronger but I really cannot afford a gym right now.

Yeah that's basically where I am. Hopefully later this year but not right now. It looks doable...I think. :)
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Yeah that's basically where I am. Hopefully later this year but not right now. It looks doable...I think. :)

I thought about buying a chin-up bar but I (embarrassingly) cannot do a single chin-up:/
  • peacefulsong
    Options
    I didn't do any program, but everytime I was cooking I would do them on the counter top, I am also not that strong but have progressed to the floor now, and going strong...also try on the stairs...I am working on tricep push-ups now....

On the stairs is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that.
  • peacefulsong
    Options

I thought about buying a chin-up bar but I (embarrassingly) cannot do a single chin-up:/

I have to do push ups against a wall, chin ups are waaaaaaay out of my reach right now. :laugh:
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    i've been doing one hundred push ups~

it has been perfect for me because i could barely do 1 knee-push up. now i can do 22 with the specified breaks. :D and that is end of week 1!
  • peacefulsong
    Options
    My Wife, Son (13) Daughter(16) and I are doing the 100 push -up, 200 sit- up challenge. Its great just keep doing it and you will get better at it.
    Time and determination will make you successful!

You can do it! and will do it!

200 sit ups? I think I'd rather do 1000 push ups. :) Good luck!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    U will be surprised how quickly you improve.. when I first started working with my trainer I struggled to do 10 modified pushups.. now I can bust them out no problem and i'm doing 20 regular pushups per circuit.. Ur gonna do great!!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the program tomorrow. :happy:
  • Warbird007
    Options
    thanks for posting this, I'm going to give it a shot. I think it would be pretty cool to accomplish this.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3! :bigsmile: I can do some, but often drop to my knees for girly pushups when they are in my workout routines, so told myself that for the challenge, I would only do the regular ones. I managed 11 for my initial test, and when I repeated the test after two weeks in the program, I nearly doubled to 20!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    week 4 is really tough. Been on that section for ages. You have to do 100+ press ups per session in that week.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm making 100 push ups one of my goals also (it will take some time).