Weight lifting at home?

Options
Hello, everyone!

So I've been interested in beginning to lift more weights, since I want to be toned when I reach my goal weight. Currently I work out about 5 days a week, combining running and Physique 57 dvds. Are there any dvds that use weights I could use at home? I really can't afford a gym membership, but I could afford another set of dumbbells or kettle bells.

Thanks for any advice out there!

Replies

• SamosaurusRex
    Options
    30 day shred, ripped in 30
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels Shred with kettlebells is a great workout ...Kettlebells are 40 bucks for 3 and then the 2 dvd's with 2 workouts each are around 10 bucks and that would be enough to get you started maybe. and you could use the kettlebells for other workouts. My husband and i are getting them and going to use them for various things.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a kettle bell workout dvd.
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels DVD's, 90 day supreme, turbo fire, p90x, insanity just to name a few.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am loving the dvd Kettlebell Bootcamp with Angie Miller! Great for beginners like me! I got it for $20.00 at Dunhams!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've just started reading "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren and Joshua Clark. I've been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I'm struggling badly at the moment to find gym time (or really, any time for myself). So - I was looking for heavy lifting options that I could do from home without out that equipment. I'm pretty excited about this book to tell the truth! I haven't started the program yet (haven't even finished reading it all) - I want to finish my final phase of NROLFW first, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot! Check out your local library to try it before you buy it.
  • NotYourBoyfriend
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I think I will have to try out some of these suggestions, and if I really like them I'll put another post up :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My home gym:
    2lupg7o.jpg
    flhhtw.jpg