Just Bought A Scale But It Seems Off...Or Am I?

Options
Hi All,

Recently I bought a really nice bathroom scale that measures body fat, water weight, and of course body weight and I noticed that between two days, it said I gained 4 lbs. Problem is, I just don't see how that's possible. I've been eating about 1200-1300 cal a day (and slightly more if I swim for an hour during my lunch break on Monday's Wednesday's, and Friday's) and really been watching what exactly I eat. I've drastically reduced my sugar intake and gone for more healthy snacks like 100 cal pack of almonds versus potato chips. Obviously it's been working since I've lost about 16 lbs since starting this program.

But I'm really writing to ask if it's normal for a scale to be that far off? I know my clothes feel looser so I don't see how I could have gained 4 lbs overnight (especially since I've been eating right and exercising) but I don't want to be too naive about this and own up to it if it's me and not the scale.

Hope this makes sense. It's little things like this that are frustrating and throws me off track. I could really use motivation to keep doing what I'm doing even though the scale changes!

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Your body can fluctuate up to 5 pounds a day. You really should just weigh yourself weekly.