Looking for a new workout dvd

Options
Hello! I'm looking for a new workout dvd or small exercise equipment to get me out of my boredom. Any suggestions?

12425902.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• sbenson1978
    Options
    do you have netflix? i just started the bootcamp crunch and there are a bunch of different ones. i really like them. you can also get them live feed through your wii or ps3
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Have you tried turbofire?
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    do you have netflix? i just started the bootcamp crunch and there are a bunch of different ones. i really like them. you can also get them live feed through your wii or ps3

I do have netflix, but I have never searched or heard of any good workouts on there. Are there any other workouts on netflix you recommend?
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Have you tried turbofire?

No, I've never heard of it. *goes to check it out*
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone. I LOVE her DVDs. My favorite is the 4 Fast Miles one. It combines walking, jogging, and intervails. It's a GREAT workout!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump... I was just asking the same question myself :-)
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I heard turbo fire is really good! I'm thinking of getting it soon, as well as any of Jillian Michaels DVDs. I find she's great at motivating me to not stop. Also Zumba is so much fun if you are looking for a good workout that is fun to do.
  • r8chjc
    r8chjc Posts: 6
    Options
    I never knew Netflix had this option!!
  • r8chjc
    r8chjc Posts: 6
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is intense. Good, but intense.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love w/ the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred. I stayed away from it for a long time but then someone gave it to me, so I gave it a shot. Not past level 1 - I'm sure it will take me more that 30 days but after one week, I could feel a difference.

Happy hunting ~
    Teri
  • Anora0805
    Anora0805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the last few posts. I LOVE 30 Day Shred. It's really hard, but well worth it, and only 30 minutes a day for a great burn. I don't have a lot of time for working out, so it fits well into my schedule. Good luck with finding some new things to try!
  • blueeyedgecko
    blueeyedgecko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels. I have 30 Day Shred, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Extreme Shed & Shred. I don't really like doing 30 Day Shred, but it's a good workout. The other two are fun though. I like it because she takes you through intervals so you are only doing one thing for 30 seconds at a time. I wanted to get Turbofire, as others have suggested, but it's kind of pricey!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUMBA
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What are you goals. Are you interested in cardio or strength training or a combination.

If you are interested in a combination, check out 30DS. You can also find other Jillian Michaels workout free on youtube. I did the 30DS, but not a huge fan of it as it is a short workout. I am a huge fan of P90X which has some fun cardio workout along with toning workouts for focus on different body areas (abs, arms, shoulder and back and legs etc).
    Zumba DVD is also tones of fun and I recently starting doing NO more trouble zone by JM....great toning workout DVD.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    Leslie Sansone. I LOVE her DVDs. My favorite is the 4 Fast Miles one. It combines walking, jogging, and intervails. It's a GREAT workout!

I have this and I like it...but I would suggest Tae Bo!! I'm in love with it right now and you can get the dvd at walmart!! The one I have is This IS Tae bo!! Losing weight just fine with it too I might add!! :)
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    HipHop Abs!!!!!!!!!!! KOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THEM! :-)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism. I've been alternating them for a couple of weeks. Butt kickin' workouts, both of them.
  • swimmer018
    Options
    As a suggestion, if you're going to get Zumba (which I would), I'd order the original older set. I have both the old and the new and the old are a much better workout in terms of cardio and calorie burn. I was really disappointed when I compared my data using my HRM to see the new ones didn't measure up.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone walk at home videos. I have used her videos off and on for about 8 years. I have about 10 of them right now of different variations and lengths.
    I also like Zumba videos. I have 7 of those. I have only tried 3. I like to use a variation of each of those daily. They give me great variety.
    I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I got good results. I just didn't really enjoy the video.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've got a stack of Jillian DVDs I rotate through - my latest and current favorite is Kickbox FastFix. Three workouts, 20 minutes each. Easy to combine them for a longer workout. Workout 1 is supposed to target upper body (and uses dumbbells for a few moves), 2 targets lower body, and 3 is ab focused - but all three work your whole body with various kicks and punches, and cardio cardio cardio. I like that this one truly is just 20 minutes on the dot - great for days when you're short on time!