What makes you happy?

Options
Katgod318
Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
I have found that I seem to be a rather pessimestic person, not something I want. I like being happy, but I seem not to be a hopeful, optimistic person. I am just curious....what makes you happy?

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The sound of my son playing and laughing brings me the most joy! A joy that I could never find anywhere else! My family and friends are always there for me, and me for them! Nothing can replace the happiness you get from those you love!!!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Snuggling with my dog, a warm cup of tea, watching cheesy old shows form the 90's :-) but then I'm a happy person by nature
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Seeing other people happy makes me happy! I am an overall happy person which is great. I am also happy when I have helped someone reach a goal or overall help in life.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, first, realize there is a difference between being happy and being hopeful, optimistic, ect. Maybe you're just being realistic. Or maybe you're reacting normally to an abnormal situation. I think anyone who is too happy all the time, isn't living in reality. They do say ignorance is bliss. Personally, I have alot I could be sad, I mean, severely depressed, even suicidal over...BUT I choose to live my life enjoying what I CAN. I take joy in my house, family, friends, music, working out, the sky, the ocean, going for a drive, snuggling my dog, ect. Hope this helps. Life is too short to be unhappy.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Spending quality time w/ my bf and pup.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    my family makes me the happiest. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing in the world for me. My kiddos are my joy and my inspiration!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My life makes me happy. It isn't all fun and games but it's mine to do with what I choose. My kids make me more joyful then words. The sound of laughter makes me happy, the rain drops on the roof, the wind touching my face. It all sounds so melodramatic I know, but I've been through so much in my life that I've come to realize that I'm happy just making it here.
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    Doing good things for other people can make me feel better about myself, and in turn makes me happier. Whenever I notice I'm feeling more pessimistic or unhappy, it usually correlates with being very self-centered and focusing entirely on myself. Volunteering or doing something for the community pulls me out of my own selfishness, which makes me more optimistic not only about the world, but also about my life in general! I also read that the act of smiling releases serotonin in the brain (a feel-good neurotransmitter) so if you just smile it can be a bit of a chemical pick me up!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just an inner joy, an inner peace-- my life is total chaos, and I have days/situations where I am down or cranky about it-- but it doesn't take my happiness away.

For me, it's a choice-- I can choose to grumble, or choose to be joyful.

I choose joy.
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is what has kept me going and happy throughout my whole life :smile: Thought I'd share!

www.mormon.org
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I just rounded up all the bath products and perfumes that I got for Christmas that are not my brands, and gave them to the battered women's shelter. that made me feel really happy!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Not having anything bad happen or anyone I love get sick/hurt
    if the people I love are safe and healthy and I have the basic things...that's enough
    I'm not looking for the mountains to move or anything exceptional to happen
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Making memories with my kids....
    Listening to my daughter giggle because my son is making her laugh....
    Camping....