3o day shred???

Options
I just started the 30 day shred a few days ago and HOLY COW, I am DYING. I usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week, but I was just getting sick of it. I'd typically do treadmill for 30 minutes and bike for 20, but it became too routine for me so I wanted something new. After the first day of level 1 on the 30 day shred I was completely dead. I had to take a day off after because everything hurt so bad. Even after spending hours at the gym, I sweat more and kill more with this 20 minute dvd than I ever did at the gyn. I did it again today and I'm still killing! My calves and thighs feel like they are going to fall off. Has anyone else done this and had a similar experience? I hope I can actually see the results!!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    The pain means your body is changing! Well done and keep up the great work! Can't wait to see your results.
  • aryzha
    aryzha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing! Day 1 left me in all sorts of pain and I had to take the next day off. I wasn't feeling Day 2 but I did it anyway after the one-day gap and it actually helped! I was still sore the next day but it was WAY more manageable.

I just finished my Day 6 workout a few minutes ago and I feel great. I can feel myself getting stronger every day. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any inch/weight loss yet. Fingers crossed!
  • soccerash21
    Options
    Thank goodness- I'm glad it's not just me! I don't know if this dvd is just really intense, or if I am just THAT out of shape. I'm hoping it's the first one.. haha. Good luck to you with your workouts!!!!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    my fiance and i wrapped up day 2. oh, my! i can hardly walk! my calves are on fire and my thighs are just knotted up. i did NOT expect these results. i bike/hike/walk/run/treadmill/weightlift/strength train almost every day and i'm dying over this little workout. i was cussing jillian out today, just so you know. she's hardcore... but i like it ;)

this pain is some kind of intense... hope i can walk after tomorrow's session... probably going to fall out from cardiac arrest.

there wasn't any specifications about rest days. does anyone know about that? i'm sure my battered muscles deserve some kind of day to recover.
  • soccerash21
    Options
    Seriously! I was NOT expecting to hurt this bad from this workout! But I'm definitely not complaining!

As far as rest days, I have no idea. I just started on Sunday. I did it in the morning and felt pretty good and motivated. So I decided to do it again Sunday night. Bad idea! I took yesterday off to rest and started up again today. I don't feel as bad as I did on the first day, but I'm hoping it doesn't come and knock me over tomorrow. I've read that you're supposed to "push through the pain" and keep going. But I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I am just going to take a day break if I feel that my body needs it. I don't want to kill myself!