NSV - it's not all about the pounds :)

Options
So, I originally started on MFP 8 months or so ago after I put on some weight from quitting smoking. When I smoked I was skinny but pretty unfit, and yesterday, my husband said, "you know, I was looking a photos yesterday from when you still smoked and you look so much thinner than then"...now, I am quite a lot heavier kilo-wise than I was then so I was just working on the assumption that I looked larger, but then I had a look at the photos and realised that he's right. I may weigh more now but I am smaller and fitter and tighter than I ever was before. And I feel so much better to boot!

Replies

• workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you look at my picture, I am actually in it - the tiny, tiny speck at the top of a sand dune is me, in the desert in Namibia . I could never have got up that dune when I smoked!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job quitting smoking - your lungs love you and your body does now, too, apparently! :-)
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome feeling, great job!
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Feeling very smiley today now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!