so many calories !! anyone else with a fitbit finding this ?

2»

Replies

• Thanks this sounds like great advise will look into pos changing from sedentary , I only put it as this due to having fulltime desk job .. but if it gives a better reading with the two together its an option for me :O)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    I think it can work equally well either way - it should add up to the same in the end....it just depends on whether you like the "bonus" of eating a lot of exercise calories or whether you would rather have a more static amount.
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm a strong believer in fitbit. It's helped me up my activity and the support from the company is awesome!
  • Robbie_53
    Robbie_53 Posts: 5 Member
    I got a FitBit at the Gadget Show here in the UK last Thursday. Very pleased with it so far. I have just linked it to my new MFP account. It's giving me exercise as 882 Fitbit calorie adjustment. Not sure how it derives this figure, is it explained anywhere. Fitbit app thinks I have burned 2526 today so far.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    I have been using my Fitbit for about a month now. I usually only get an adjustment for about 250-500 a day. Although I am more active than I realised I was. I was able to up my calories to 2051 and that is still with a deficit at the end of the day. Usually I only make about 1900 or so though. I make sure to net above my BMR, but with the increased calories that hasn't been a problem.

My husband has been using his Fitbit and it gives him HUGE adjustments. Now sure why, but sheesh sometimes up to 2500 a day.

I have had my Fitbit for about three weeks and have a consistent 1000 calorie deficit. MFP is set to lightly active and my FitBit hardly ever gives me an adjustment unless I have really been running about a lot. However... I have not lost anything in the weeks since I have had the Fitbit. My weight is very stable, no fluctuations anymore which I used to have a lot, but I am not seeing the predicted 1 kilo loss per week despite being very careful about my food intake. I am giving it another two weeks of 1000 calorie deficit (I net an average of 1400), and then will try and change something.

Has anyone not lost weight with the Fitbit. I do have a slow metabolism and have stalled before at this weight for months so it's not new for me just wondered ...
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    If you never have an adjustment then you should probably move yourself to sedentary and then get adjustments and eat them back.
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    I have been using my Fitbit for about a month now. I usually only get an adjustment for about 250-500 a day. Although I am more active than I realised I was. I was able to up my calories to 2051 and that is still with a deficit at the end of the day. Usually I only make about 1900 or so though. I make sure to net above my BMR, but with the increased calories that hasn't been a problem.

My husband has been using his Fitbit and it gives him HUGE adjustments. Now sure why, but sheesh sometimes up to 2500 a day.

I have had my Fitbit for about three weeks and have a consistent 1000 calorie deficit. MFP is set to lightly active and my FitBit hardly ever gives me an adjustment unless I have really been running about a lot. However... I have not lost anything in the weeks since I have had the Fitbit. My weight is very stable, no fluctuations anymore which I used to have a lot, but I am not seeing the predicted 1 kilo loss per week despite being very careful about my food intake. I am giving it another two weeks of 1000 calorie deficit (I net an average of 1400), and then will try and change something.

Has anyone not lost weight with the Fitbit. I do have a slow metabolism and have stalled before at this weight for months so it's not new for me just wondered ...

I'd say that 1000cal a day deficit is probably too high. Try putting it to 500cals a day or 250 cal a day deficit. I wasn't losing weight with the high deficit (500-1000) but I am with the lower 250cal a day deficit (so sometimes I'm eating 2500 cals a day). I have about 10kgs to go to reach the top of my healthy BMI.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Thanks Flea, I'm going to give it another week so that I've been consistent for a full month and if there is no change I'll switch to the lower rate as you suggested. I still have 20kg to the top of my healthy BMI but I have stalled before at this weight - it seems to be my set point. Very annoying!