How long do you keep inactive Pals?

Options
I usually delete after one month of no logging. Sorry! I needs friends that are committed to helping themselves first then encouraging others second. You can't do that by not logging in.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is funny, I have 4-5 who have either deactivated or been gone for a year or more. The memories their pictures invoke are worth keeping them in my list.

Jeez, am I a hoader?:laugh:
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I figure they will be back some day. Everyone gets busy!
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never thought of deleting anyone because of inactivity before to be honest. I just figure I'm closer than them to my goal weight (obviously if they didn't meet their goal whilst they were logging) and that I don't just want to be part of the "still fat" list a year down the line.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I did delete some and regret it. We all deserve a second and even third or fourth chance and this is a tough journey. No harm having them there. I would like to think if I was inactive for a while, my friends would wait for me.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't delete them. I don't know them in real life so I don't know if they're being lazy or if something terrible happened to them.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Till they come back, how do I know what is happening in their lifes. And maybe it is a help to them to see their "friends" stayed with them, even though they may have had difficulties.

Russ
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I will speak from recent example...I was an everyday MFPer until I got very busy with events that were happening in the last couple months...I stopped logging food and logging in every couple of days or so and many of my friends noticed. Some would write to me and I always tried to respond by telling them I'm super busy but as soon as everything is over I would be back. Some deleted me and that's their loss, because now that my good friend's wedding is over ... I'M BACK!!

If I were you, I'd message them and see if they write you back...try to keep in touch for a bit before deleting.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I wasn't posting much for a bit and when came back kind of felt invisible as not many posting anything to me. I don't blame them.
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AS someone who reached their target and so stopped using the site. Due to ill health I have seen a huge change in my activity level which meant I started to gain weight.
    Now I have come back to MFP because I realise I now need to look at my diet as i was eating to compensate for the exercise I used to do and when i first got sick i continued to eat at the same rate and surprise surprise i gained nearly a stone in 3months. When I came back it was so nice to see the familiar faces of old friends. A few people have deleted me and that kinda hurt so I will not be deleting anyone for being inactive.
    Just my two pennith worth! :smile:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I dont worry so much about people who have been inactive. Life gets in the way and Id rather not assume they are not commited to weight loss.
  • XxJulsSxX
    XxJulsSxX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Life gets busy alright but I think this app is fantastic for being on the go! its so quick! I used to use Fitday & could never log on to use it & then I found this app!!
    Love it!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people who have been inactive unless it's been over 6 mths and they don't respond to messages. Otherwise I just leave them on my list. If they ever decide to come back, I'll still be around to support them. Everybody's life is different and they could just be going through a difficult time. I've had several pals who hadn't logged in for 6-8 months but then came back and have been back ever since!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'll never delete anybody. They're my 'friends' for life now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    7 days. I check their profile to see if they've gone on holidays or something but otherwise if they're not committed to logging in then no go for me. Too many friends on the list & I want to keep in regular contact with them all not just be a friend collector.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    7 days. I check their profile to see if they've gone on holidays or something but otherwise if they're not committed to logging in then no go for me. Too many friends on the list & I want to keep in regular contact with them all not just be a friend collector.

Same for me.