WOW! BREAKFAST KILLED MY SUGAR INTAKE FOR THE DAY!

Had my usual fare today (english muffin, scrambled egg, cheese slice and butter) but chose to drink 5 ounces white grape juice with this and it put me over on my sugar for the day by 3g! WOW... that's a shocker! Sadly, I do love this juice...and it says on the label "No Sugar Added". Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    no sugar added... but fruits have sugar in them anyway..?

i have a friends whos toddlers teeth went black through too much fruit and fruit juice.... x
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    If it's natural fruit sugar I wouldn't be too concerned about it, and how low is your sugar set that one glass of juice was your whole day?
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Do NOT get a large breakfast from Weatherspoon's chain pubs. Had one the other day and it killed my WHOLE day! 1600 calories! Lol.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    here is some info
    the 30g refers to added sugars, not sugar coming from fruit, that being said, juice is good for the extra vitamins, but having actual fruit much better

http://www.livestrong.com/article/382424-what-should-my-daily-sugar-intake-be/
  • ahclem
    ahclem Posts: 2
    White grape juice is one of those things they add when they say "no sugar added" or "all natural". Any fruit juice is sugar laden (natural or otherwise). Give up sugar and starch if you want to lose weight and keep it off.
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Yeah that's why I just don't drink juice anymore, you're better off sticking to just water
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    they might not of added sugar but grapes are naturally really sugar filled
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Fruit juices are tricky. People assume they are healthy because, you know, fruit right? But really you're only getting the sugar from the fruit and very few of the other benefits of eating fruit (vitamins, nutrients). I would suggest cutting out the fruit juices and stick with regular fruit.

I stick with water for drinking. Seems silly to drink calories when alcohol isn't involved ;)
  • i mix up my juice with water, therefore, half the calories :)
  • SJGL
    SJGL Posts: 1
    If you like the flavor of the juice, consider making a juice spritzer. Fill your glass with sparkling water and then add a splash of the juice, may be a couple of splashes to give the flavor. There are several fruit juices that I enjoy, but because they are so high in sugar, I make the spritzers. It is also a good alternative to simple water. I also add cucumber slices, mint, lemon, lime, or orange slices to the sparkling water to give a bit of variety throughout the day. I do take in several glasses of plain water, but It is nice to shake it up a bit now and then with some flavor.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    I read somewhere on here just a day or two ago to expect to go over the sugar daily allowance..... although I agree with the others, juices and fruit to contain loads of sugar if not used in moderation......
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member

Take out the black pudding (gross) and I could totally do it. I REALLY like breakfast! :wink: