GPS Tracker Apps Advice

Options
I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. I've been using Endomondo to track all my workouts for a few years now. Though my new phone is much better than my current one, I can't find much/any evidence that Endomondo is available for it. It's not listed on Endomondo's website or on the app store. I'm holding out hope, but won't be too optimistic.

So, on the app store are:

- Runtastic
- SmartRunner

One of these will probably end up on my new phone, if I can't get Endomondo. Will be disapointed to move away, because I've been running for a month and a half and it's been tracking my PBs as I go along, but I can transfer those elsewhere. Who has Runtastic or SmartRunner?

If you have them, do you recommend them for accuracy and ease of use? Has anyone used one of these AND Endomondo, and able to compare?

Thanks

Replies

• billdavismqt
    billdavismqt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you want out of the app but another site to look at is www.strava.com
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ah, yeah, didn't write what I want from it. Oops.

The functions I want are distance, duration, speed (average and PB for miles), and calories. Also, ideally, the ability to add my own figures from my HRM to adjust the calories.
  • spotdog14
    spotdog14 Posts: 42
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have?
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have?

It's going to be the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro.

Endomondo have a lot of models listed, but not that one. App store doesn't have it.

Google seems a bit sketchy. Found a few dodgy-looking third party sites that might have information on it, and I did find this post:

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomondo/topics/polar_iwl_no_connection

But not feeling totally confident.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo - and it's pretty much dead on with my HRM. ♥ it!!
  • Modcom
    Modcom Posts: 18
    Options
    I would look for an app called Sports Tracker.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have an android, and use mapmyrun. I love it.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    don't try the map my run app. It is GPS but it isn't very accurate!
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    Thanks all. Has anyone used the two I asked about originally? I'm leaning towards Runtastic but would be good to hear about either.
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tried the free version of Runtastic for blackberry. It seemed fine. The only reason I switch to Endomondo was because a friend of mine had it on theirs. They seem to be similar but I only used it a couple of times so I don't know if all the features are the same.
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    I tried the free version of Runtastic for blackberry. It seemed fine. The only reason I switch to Endomondo was because a friend of mine had it on theirs. They seem to be similar but I only used it a couple of times so I don't know if all the features are the same.

Thanks. It does look very similar so I'm thinking a direct switch will be fine. Just wanted to make sure there were no issues with accuracy. :smile: