FITBIT....question

Options
2»

Replies

• Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You need and hrm to get your heart rate but I use fitbit and hrm. fitbit calculates how active you are all day. I love it!!
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    The fitbit is good as a pedometer, so if your using the treadmill or elliptical it would give you a calorie burn for that. But any other workout you should use an HRM and make sure to stop the fitbit during that exercise and restart it when your done.
    I don't stop the FitBit, I just make sure that I enter the times for my workout in MFP when I enter my exercise. Then, even though it may have initially given me some extra calories after the workout, it ALWAYS takes them away once MFP syncs with FitBit's site (because of the times being entered).

Thanks, I had no idea that I didn't have to stop the fitbit when using the HRM. I assumed it was going to give me way to many calories. Thanks again for the info!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump! I want to know too. I'm in the same boat. Is the polar HRM one that has a chest strap? Is that important? Will it just calculate how many cals you burned for a certain time period?

I purchased a watch like one and I don't like it. I have to stop and actually take my heart rate and then I have to remember it to calculate cals burned and honestly, I have not been successful at it so I don't use it. :(
    Yes, Polar ones have the chest strap, which I actually don't even notice once I have it on. It also has a watch. I have an FT4 and it is not (at all) difficult to use. Push one button to start, another to stop. Once you stop it displays your calories burned & the time of your workout. You can also scroll to see how much time you were within optimum burn, etc. I love it.

Thanks! This is exactly what I want! Gonna look it up and order one right now! Appreciate the info!