Am I Alone

Options
Ezwoldo
Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
Are you addicted to the burn and ache after a hard work out I know it is a bit strange but I love the feeling and I have started to push myself that bit harder to get a bigger buzz. Am I alone?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Even knowing that soreness is not an indicator of progress or effort-- it's still nice to get sore sometimes.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I don't ache much after running anymore. . . unless I've done gobs of hill fartleks or repeats and even then it's only minor. WHILE I'm doing it sure. . things tighten up and things say, "What the heck are you doing? We want to stop now. Are you listening? If you don't stop us, we'll stop you and you won't like it! Ok, at least slow down. . . "

I feel nothing anymore, I suppose. . .

But I'm adding distance and re-introducing long runs. We'll see. 11 miles didn't do it, so looks like I'll have to try 12 or 13.

Heck. I'm going to go do some hill repeats right now.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Although. . . on the bike it's more like I'm making up errands just to have a "reason" to ride somewhere, more than anything else
  • amybug83
    amybug83 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nope I love that feeling! It makes me feel like I did something good for myself.