Cereal

Options

Replies

• c3nterstage
    Options
    for breakfast i love rice chex and multigrain cheerios!
    But, i love eating sugary/kids cereal as a late night snack for a little more substantial "dessert" - its a three way tie between coco puffs, cinnamon toast crunch, and honey smacks! yummm
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    CHEFCH♥ZZ Posts: 127
    Options
    as a kid, honey smacks. now, special k vanilla almond
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    Kashi heart to heart with blueberries and peanut butter cheerios. However, I don't bring them in my apartment, because I can't keep myself from eating half a box in one sitting. :/
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds <3 I had some this morning lol :)
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Special K Oats and Honey mixed with 1/2c. of Chobani vanilla yogurt gets me through the morning. It's the only combo that fuels me up to keep me from feeling hungry an hour later.
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran Crunch and plain ol Raisin Bran! (Can you tell I like raisins?) lol
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Cascadian Farms dark chocolate almond granola. It's "organic" and you can find it by the healthy cereals but it is a total sham. There is a ton of sugar in it, which I didn't realize until a few days ago. I might as well be eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which is obviously the best cereal in the entire world. *cries tears of sugar*
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Curiously Cinnamon (a.k.a. Cinnamon Toast Crunch) :tongue:
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cheerios, All Bran and Grape Nuts (grape nuts ice cream is AWESOME!)
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What I love: Lucky Charms :love:
    What I eat: Oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal. :yawn:
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Honey Bunches of Oats w/Almonds, Cheerios, Post Bran Flakes and Special K Oats & Honey. I enjoy all with unsweetened almond milk (Full Circle Original...very creamy, just like regular milk but much lower in fat, sugar and sodium) and, sometimes, a banana (depends on the cereal).
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cheerios :) YUM-O!!!!
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    In no particular order:

1. Kashi Go Lean Crunch with almond milk
    2. Kashi Honey Almond Crunch with almond milk
    3. Fibre 1 Brown sugar with almond milk
    4. Mini Wheats Blueberry Muffin with almond milk
    5. Mini Wheats Strawberry with almond milk
    6. Special K Vanilla Almond with almond milk
    7. Cheerio's with regular milk or almond milk
    8. Chocolate Cheerio's with almond milk or regular
    9. Frosted Corn Flakes with almond milk or regular

I like the almond milk because it gives it a nice texture and a touch of nutty flavor and it has less calories then regular milk. Though, if i'm going to use regular milk, it's 1% partly skimmed or skimmed milk because I do need more protein. I would have the regular with all of the above cereals but I mostly use the almond. I also like to add fruit to some of the cereals
    above, too. I'd add fruit to plain Cheerio's and Frosted Flakes. Sometimes to Special K Vanilla Almond and Kashi, too.

OH, and oatmeal. I want to try Steel Cut Oatmeal but it takes too long to prepare so I use Quaker Old Fashioned 100% whole grain Quick oats. I like to add mixed frozen berries and thaw them in the microwave, add a touch of honey or agave nectar, cinnamon, crushed walnuts and sometimes a tablespoon or two of plain none fat Greek yogurt on top or egg whites into the mixture and let it cook/boil in the pot with the oats. If not berries, I'll put in some organic peanut butter with half or sometimes whole banana, cinnamon, almond milk and maybe a touch of honey or agave nectar. Or sometimes i for for very plain and just the oats with cinnamon and honey. There are also sometimes where I'd get a bar of dark chocolate and break some of it up and put it on the oatmeal with some berries or peanut butter. Whatever I feel like. I know that's a lot of sugar in any of those options but that's how I eat my oatmeal. I do love my sugar. Most of it though comes from the fruit and honey or agave nectar isn't bad, niether is dark chocolate.
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i love lucky charms! they are soo expensive over here tho (in england) so i get them as a treat now and again, as for regular stuff over here i love rice krispies, cornflakes, cheerios and fruit and fibre (not mixed lol) x
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Uncle Sams with fresh blueberries
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Life - Strawberry frosted mini wheats - lucky charms - honey nut cheerios - don't eat much cereal although I would love to but it is Oatmeal for me most of the time
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Cap'n Crunch Berries
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Special K protein plus with unsweetened almond milk......I am doing a low carb/low glycemic index diet and this has the best numbers for net carbs (carbs minus fiber), sugars and protein. And it tastes good too!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms!!!!!! Er.. I mean oatmeal :blushing:
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereal - Cinnamon Raisin
    http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/ezekiel-49/cereals/257C6-Whole-Grain-Flourless-Cinnamon-Raisin-Cereal

Healthy, and tastes great.

I add some raw almonds and unsweetened almond milk.