AARGH! PET PEEVE

Options
I don't know how many times I've entered a food from the data base only to find that one of the components is wrong or missing completely. I found one today that only had the calories. I know these foods are entered by the members but I don't understand why anyone would take the time to enter something and then not take the few extra seconds it takes to enter all the numbers. I mean come on, at least the fat, carbs, and fiber. And then there's the ones that round up or down to a whole number. Do they not know where the decimal is on their keypad? Okay I'll stop being facetious and just enter all my own foods. Now I know why there are so many duplicates on the list.

P.S. I do appreciate the time it takes for anyone to put their food in the data bank for all of our use. I only ask if you do, to enter it as accurately as you can.

Rant over :smokin:

Edited to add I'm going to have to eat crow on the decimal topic. :blushing: I looked at "my foods" which I know I entered accurately and they are all whole numbers. My apologies on the decimal comment.

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have seen the same thing, and then I have to go back and either find the one that has all the "right" info, or enter it myself.
  • jamieguin
    jamieguin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I input items with decimals, but when I go back to look at the nutritional content, the numbers are always rounded up.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I input items with decimals, but when I go back to look at the nutritional content, the numbers are always rounded up.

Yup, you're right. I just looked at my foods and all are whole numbers. Thanks for the comment, I don't know why I never caught that before.

Thanks,