16 stone (224lb) to 10 stone (147lb) - pictures.

Options

Replies

• DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Zumba, kettlebells, putting down the fork; and blood, sweat and tears. But no starvation!

Before.jpg

After3.jpg

ETA - 10.5 stone, rather! 10 stone is my target :)

The transformation is amazing!!! You should most definitely be proud of yourself! Great job!
  • Pantagruel333
    Options
    Yowzaa.
  • tammyenix
    tammyenix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You Look Great!:wink:
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! You just cheered me on and you have a lovely shaped face. :-)
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!!
  • hunkahunka
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Awesome dedication.
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    Oh my, you're stunning! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • jessicatnorris
    jessicatnorris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba, kettlebells, putting down the fork; and blood, sweat and tears. But no starvation!

Before.jpg

After3.jpg

ETA - 10.5 stone, rather! 10 stone is my target :)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Incredible!
  • jessicatnorris
    jessicatnorris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to do it the right way!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What exactly did you do

Hi there Yogi,

Basically moved more and ate less (I HATE it when people say that, but it's what worked for me). As I started off unfit, I joined a gym and went about three times a week (treadmill, crosstrainer, some light weights). After a few months, I added a weekly zumba class. Then, I added a weekly kettlebell class (I swear the weights kept excess skin at bay).

As time went on and I got fitter, I incorporated more zumba classes and visited the gym occasionally. I now exercise six days a week and eat sensibly Monday - Friday, and relax at weekends. There's no way I'd deny myself that Chinese takeaway or sneaky vino :)

Hope this helps.

Natalie.
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done on some cracking hard word. Just wanna say I really love your style. Loving the blue dress and accessories :) And it's great you look so happy in both as I think that loving yourself helps get to where you wanna go a bit quicker and more pain-free! Great job!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Breathtaking! You should be so proud of yourself.
  • NiceTee75
    NiceTee75 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great and happy about life in both pictures. Congrats on the new healthier you!!! Such an inspiration!!!!!!
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Well done on some cracking hard word. Just wanna say I really love your style. Loving the blue dress and accessories :) And it's great you look so happy in both as I think that loving yourself helps get to where you wanna go a bit quicker and more pain-free! Great job!

Thank you ever so much, much appreciated. I held onto that blue dress to see if a talented seamstress can shrink it (it's my favourite!), so we can hope :)

And you're absolutely right - I was happy with life in general in the first photo, but very unhappy about my weight. It was so long-term, though, that I kind of got used to being unhappy. That sounds terribly morose, and I don't mean it to - but it's funny what you get used to.

But the second one, on holiday, healthy and happy. I do love my alliteration... :)

Thank you again x
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! Congrats on your success! :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Goodness me. As I said earlier, I'm gutted I didn't know about this site when I was sat on my sofa, dressed and ready to go to the gym, and watching my slim then-housemate tuck into her fish and chips (I could have wept/strangled her/delete as appropriate). What a fantastic support network; and how important that is. Thank you all so much.
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    AMAZING pictures and progress!!! Great Job :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!