this is just ridiculous!!!!

daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
My husband and I went to Bob Evans this morning and among other items I had A pancake. Not 2 or 3 just ONE. When I went home to log it, I thought I was seeing things. I went to the website to double check and it was right . ONE pancake without syrup is almost 400 calories!!!! Never again will I order pancakes. I blew my whole day with one stupid breakfast that I thought I had to have and now I will probably be 3 pounds heavier in the morning. Crap.

Replies

• Don't worry! To gain one pound, you need to eat 3500 calories over your base calories in a week. Lesson learned about Bob Evans. Good luck!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I've discovered that Bob Evans is the devil for calories! Look up a biscuit...I dare ya. :grumble: Not very many good optioins there when you're watching everything so closely!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Nah, don't worry about the 1 pancake. Just exercise it off! Besides, it's just a pancake, for goodness sake.

Before we logged everything in MFP, we'd eat 2 or 3 of them & think nothing of it.

Not trying to "downplay" the way you feel cuz I just went thru this same situation yesterday (met some family for lunch at IHOP, had 1 pancake & a pc of sausage & good law, but I thought I had blown the whole week). Was terribly down about it all when I logged it, but it didn't do me a bit of good to worry about what was already eaten!

My mistake was I let it affect my entire day & it didn't help one bit. And, I almost let it make me trash the rest of the week!

:flowerforyou:

p.s. besides tomorrow you get to start all over again with a fresh log! :tongue:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    I agree with Daisylou. Even though we know 3500 calories = 1 lbs, I'm going to gain a pound just reading this.

But really, that's why I love my iphone...I can look up almost anything for calorie info.

Dang it, just popped my button off my pants.:smile:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Nah, don't worry about the 1 pancake. Just exercise it off! Besides, it's just a pancake, for goodness sake.

Before we logged everything in MFP, we'd eat 2 or 3 of them & think nothing of it.

Not trying to "downplay" the way you feel cuz I just went thru this same situation yesterday (met some family for lunch at IHOP, had 1 pancake & a pc of sausage & good law, but I thought I had blown the whole week). Was terribly down about it all when I logged it, but it didn't do me a bit of good to worry about what was already eaten!

My mistake was I let it affect my entire day & it didn't help one bit. And, I almost let it make me trash the rest of the week!

p.s. besides tomorrow you get to start all over again with a fresh log! :tongue:

this is good advice....advice I need to take more often! Thanks for this post! :flowerforyou:
  • Bless your heart! You did so good too, just eating one!! I'm not sure I would have been as good as you, don't beat yourself up! You are doing great.

I'm thinking it is probably a good thing I don't know what Bob Evan's place is and we don't have one or I might be in trouble. :)

Good luck all.
    Dianne
    :glasses:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member

this is good advice....advice I need to take more often! Thanks for this post! :flowerforyou:
    why, of course, anytime! hope you remember it when you need it! :drinker:
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    I would ask you if the pancake tasted good? If it did, no harm. Try to eat things because you enjoy them, not just because. Just watch it for the rest of the day. If the pancake didn't taste good, then I wouldn't order them anymore!!

Don't beat yourself up...just exercise a little more and make great choices for the rest of the day!!

You will be fine!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Now I want a harvest grain and nut pancake from ihop... :bigsmile:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Whole wheat homemade pancakes arn;t that bad for you!
  • 08sweek
    08sweek Posts: 38 Member
    Bob Evans has delicious salads! I've always loved to go there and eat their salads. Of course, I use to eat both rolls and the potato cheese soup too. The side salad and half sandwich or vegetable soup is wonderful though! I love their honey mustard dressing and help cut the calories back by getting the dressing on the side and dipping my fork in a tad for every other bite. Still wonderful!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.