Lurking Newbie

Options
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around the past week or two, I'm always a chicken when it comes to writing on message boards. But everyone seems really nice around here!

I found this place from some people on Cruise Critic. (a newbie over there too!) I've always been a somewhat thicker girl, never really too big but not thin really either. Short version of my story - rough childhood that I wouldn't wish on anyone that lead to so many difficult times in my life. Anyhoo, those difficult times left me about 100 #s over where I would like to be (a healthy weight).

I have tried sooooo many things to lose this weight (aka too many fad diets) and of course gained what I had lost back. So I am now eating small portions with lots of fruit and veges and I've lost about 10lbs in the past 3 or 4 weeks. But it kills me because apparently I have what is called oral allergy syndrome and uncooked fruits and veges make my mouth itch for a few hours.

I am hoping to lose about 6-8lbs a month. If I lose more than it's just a bonus :happy: My fiance and I will be getting married November 2010 and going on a cruise for our honeymoon so I am hoping to lose a good chunk (:laugh: ) before then so I don't cry and want to tear up the wedding album! I look forward to "meeting" everyone!

~Danni~

Replies

• hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome!!:smile:
  • musicisluvxo
    musicisluvxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well i wish you luck on your quest!!!

you can for SURE do it, just remember every single calorie counts. im a total newb tooo, so its all gooooodddd!!!

haha, again, good luck.

:bigsmile:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet you! You have come to the right place.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever. You will love this site. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: