Fat Burning Supplements

Options
I have been obsessed with watching Dr. Oz lately and he mentioned some Belly Fat Burning supplements. Here is a list:

1. Raspberry Ketone
2. 7-Keto
3. Forskolin
4. Caraway Seeds
5. Relora

Here is a link to the article on Dr. Oz's Website: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-belly-blasting-supplements

Have you tried any of these?
Does anyone take supplements to help burn fat?
Do they work for you and are they worth the cost?
Do you take any supplements at all for health reasons?

Replies

• chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz as well! :) I have heard that the raspberry ketone works well but never tried them myself. If you try it, let me know how it works for you!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz has become a touchy subject here on MFP. Many people, {and I am in the group} feel like Dr oz has sold out. He use to be informative, but lately has sold out to who ever is willing to pay him enough to push the product. Take everything he says, and pushes, with a grain of salt. Do your own research.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz has become a touchy subject here on MFP. Many people, {and I am in the group} feel like Dr oz has sold out. He use to be informative, but lately has sold out to who ever is willing to pay him enough to push the product. Take everything he says and pushes with a grain of salt. Do your own research.

^^^ This

Anything that targets the "fat belly" is suspect to me.
    I have not see any proof that you can specifically target losing fat at an area, via exercise or food.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is full of crap, those products pay to be on he show.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    ...Why did you make two posts with the exact same thing?
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have been doing the raspberry ketones for a couple weeks...I have not noticed a difference as of yet....but I heard it takes a while.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz has become a touchy subject here on MFP. Many people, {and I am in the group} feel like Dr oz has sold out. He use to be informative, but lately has sold out to who ever is willing to pay him enough to push the product. Take everything he says and pushes with a grain of salt. Do your own research.

^^^ This

Anything that targets the "fat belly" is suspect to me.
    I have not see any proof that you can specifically target fat at an area, via exercise or food.

I agree with all of this. There has been no scientific research proving that raspberry ketones or any other product Dr. Oz pushes works. This is why a billion dollar diet industry exists yet the population is getting fatter. If you want to "blast belly fat" then eat right and build muscle. Anything else is just lightening your wallet, not your weight.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Dr Oz has become a touchy subject here on MFP. Many people, {and I am in the group} feel like Dr oz has sold out. He use to be informative, but lately has sold out to who ever is willing to pay him enough to push the product. Take everything he says, and pushes, with a grain of salt. Do your own research.

Agree - used to like him, now I feel he goes for the $$$
  • Broxsonator
    Options
    The only thing that works is the EAER program... Exercise and Eat Right.... I I've exercised 6 days a week, cardio mostly with a little bit of weight training, I've lost 8 pounds since 1 March... have lost 5 inches around the "muffin top" exercising and eating right... sucks, because a whole pizza right now sounds GOOD! :D but I love the results and I feel good.. I have a long way to go, and little by little I'll get there....so can you.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Did just a little research on those products, the Relora and the Forskolin looks like they might actually be worthwhile and with few or no side effects from what I could see. But then that is just the conclusion that I came to. Not an expert!