New Job Stress...Tips?

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been on this site on and off for the last 9 months. I created this new account in November and I was doing very well (14lbs lost!)

Then Christmas hit. In the chaos of baking and working all the time, I got blind sided by everything I had to do. Cue in stress eating. Things got worse when I got a job in January and not only did the stress eating go BEYOND the normal range, but now I sit on my behind ALL DAY. I have trouble exercising because this job requires an obscene amount of attention.

I was wondering if anyone had a tips and suggestions for quick exercises, especially for those of us who work from home. How do you eat during the day? HOW DO YOU NOT SNACK!?

Feel free to add me as a friend as well. I could always give a little motivation or need a little motivation. :)

Thanks!

-Gabbi

Replies

• siberianex
    siberianex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually had the same thing happen to me at me new job. I gained like 10lbs the first 2 months that I started. They would constantly put food out, have team lunches so I just kept binge eating without being able to control myself.

Well I decided to take hold of myself and try to bring in fruits and small snacks with me and I drink a lot of water to keep me full.

I also try to go for a 15 min walk about an hour after lunch time. I know its not a lot of exercise, but any exercise at work is a bonus.
  • gnovi826
    gnovi826 Posts: 27
    Options
    I actually had the same thing happen to me at me new job. I gained like 10lbs the first 2 months that I started. They would constantly put food out, have team lunches so I just kept binge eating without being able to control myself.

Well I decided to take hold of myself and try to bring in fruits and small snacks with me and I drink a lot of water to keep me full.

I also try to go for a 15 min walk about an hour after lunch time. I know its not a lot of exercise, but any exercise at work is a bonus.

Thanks for the tips! :)
  • gnovi826
    gnovi826 Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump?