ADIPEX????

MotivatedQuitta86
MotivatedQuitta86 Posts: 44
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello MFP........Just want to know have anyone taken this weight loss pill adipex&how did it work?I hear that it is very strong but is good with diet&excerise.

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    I took it two years ago and lost 50 pounds on it. But as soon as I stopped taking them I gained the weight back. It made me feel full all the time. I had to make myself eat. But then when I stopped taking them, I was starving all the time! I'm doing it this time without the pills. I realize it has to be a permanent lifestyle change. I'm learning how to cook healthier. The pills caused me headaches, stomach problems for the first week or so. I also had a hard time getting to sleep. I was taking pm meds every night. This is just my personal experience. I'm sure it's different for everyone!

Good Luck!
  • bb86fsc
    bb86fsc Posts: 8
    There are so many risks in taking diet pills. I was researching quite and few and the side effects are quite scary. I know that Alli is FDA approved and followed with excercise and nutrition it is proven to work. Make sure you do adequate research before buying any diet pills.
    :)
  • Ok I been taking them for a week&I have hardly had a appetite but I have forced my self to eat the right amount of calories.I have been working out twice a day&I have lost 8 pounds.I feel very energetic!!!I have not had any problems.Thanks for the advice
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Ok I been taking them for a week&I have hardly had a appetite but I have forced my self to eat the right amount of calories.I have been working out twice a day&I have lost 8 pounds.I feel very energetic!!!I have not had any problems.Thanks for the advice

Just be careful. You might feel fine now but a lot of the side effects or dangerous reactions don't come until later. Do it without the pills if possible. In the end you will feel much better. Once you go off, you will probably gain then you will feel bad again. JMO
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Please don't take them. For your health. Just don't do it.

I'm not saying this as a person who has had no experience with diet pills. I started with Stacker 3 (when it had ephedra), then went to Stacker 2, which didn't work. After that followed Anoretix, Slim-Quick, Hydroxycut, Stackers, Lipo-6, FatBlaster, and Dexitrim. I have 125 pounds to lose. Nothing has worked. I would lose weight, and then gain it back (and then some). When you go off of them, your metabolism is trashed and you gain weight like crazy. They can cause jitters, acne, loss of appetite (severe), heart palpitations, and in extreme cases that I've seen lately, heart attack.

There is no easy way to permanently lose the weight. Diet and exercise are the only way to lose it and keep it off. Not only are you on a diet, you are making a lifestyle change and learning what to eat and what not to eat, portion control, and you're making your body healthier.

Just say no to diet pills.
This discussion has been closed.