HELP!

Options
mxburke
mxburke Posts: 226 Member
So I was thinking alot today, and I find that I'm having a hard time with this weight loss. I've been doing excellent working out everyday and burning 500+ calories per day, but it doesnt seem like my eating habits have been improving, which has put me on a plateau for this week.....I know part of my problem, staying away from the "junk food" but when i do stay away from this, i still manage to eat over my calories......if anyone maybe wants to share their typical meal plans for the day that have really worked, that would really help, i just have alot of trouble planning out an equal day of meals that are healthy and under 1200 calories.....

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating under 1200 calories. try eating 1350-1500.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

yup.

and also try to get into the habit of planning out your days in advance. do it before bed the night before, or early in the morning. It takes some practice to get into the habit of it, but I've been doing it for well over a year now and it's become second nature.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i lost 50 pounds eating 1200 calories.

here is an example of my meal routine.

11:00 AM (bowl of Total cereal with 1 cup of skim milk) (200 cals)
    1 PM (Fiber One Granola Bar) 160 cals
    2 PM (banana) 80 cals
    3-4 PM 5oz chicken breast grilled with half cup of cooked brown rice (less than 300 cals)
    6:00 PM (Activia light yogurt or fiber 1 yogurt) 80 Calories
    8:00 Pm (Water canned Tuna(100 cals) with 1 tbs of Fat Free Miracle Whip(15 cals) and 2 nature's own 100% wheat bread(100 cals) add grilled onions for flavor (40 cals) = 245 cals
    10:00 PM (one granny smith apple) 80 cals

11-12 AM Work out for 1-2 hours

Be in Bed by 2:00 AM TOTAL OF 1145 CALORIES ... and thats without my workout calories which everyone recommend you consume AND IM NEVER HUNGRY :) ... Oh and Every other day i have something sweet.

Hope this Helped... I have more meal combinations if you are interested.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stay satisfied at 1200...I upped my calorie intake to 1500, and actually have been eating around 1600 this week and have been losing about 1 pound every 2 days these 2 weeks...Try upping your cals some and be sure to eat some of your exercise cals.

I personally eat 1500 whether I workout or not. I just eat 1500 cals.......

Hope this helps

:flowerforyou:
  • bgarrett
    bgarrett Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with upping your daily calories a little, but I know how hard it is to find satisfying food within those limits. I find that it helps if I keep cut vegis and cooked brown rice in the fridge. That makes it easy to steam the vegis and warm the rice for a lo-cal but filling lunch, snack, or dinner. I also make sure I get a fruit or a couple of vegis with every meal. Keep working on it because changing eating habits takes practice!
  • free2roam66
    Options
    A great tip I've learned to keep me really full for a lot longer is to eat something with a lot of fiber (1/4 cup oatmeal or brown rice) and drink a whole glass of water with it. I do this about 30 minutes before I eat my normal meals. During those 30 minutes the fiber swells up with the water and you CANNOT eat as much of that meal as you normally would.

This tip has been an absolute lifesaver for me because we go to a lot of cookouts and parties, etc. It's a lot easier to avoid that fattening party food if you're already pretty full when you get there.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options

2 PM (banana) 80 cals
    3-4 PM 5oz chicken breast grilled with half cup of cooked brown rice (less than 300 cals)
    8:00 Pm (Water canned Tuna(100 cals) with 1 tbs of Fat Free Miracle Whip(15 cals) and 2 nature's own 100% wheat bread(100 cals) add grilled onions for flavor (40 cals) = 245 cals

Be in Bed by 2:00 AM TOTAL OF 1145 CALORIES ... and thats without my workout calories which everyone recommend you consume AND IM NEVER HUNGRY :) ... Oh and Every other day i have something sweet.

What about your protein and fat intake? do you go over on any of those??
    I am not exactly sure what are the keys to watch? fat cals and sugar? or???
  • cuddlyaries87
    Options
    colombiana, u r 5ft right?..1200cals would be sufficient for you..but maybe not for those more than 5ft..i'm 5ft too..:grumble:

calorie requirements depends on your height, weight, age and gender..if i'm not mistaken..:smile:
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! this has really helped.....I am 5 ft tall, so i think 1200 calories would be sufficient.....im really going to try hard this week.....thanks !
  • colombiana444
    Options

2 PM (banana) 80 cals

What about your protein and fat intake? do you go over on any of those??
    I am not exactly sure what are the keys to watch? fat cals and sugar? or???

I Never go any higher on my sugar or fat intake. As for my protein, i certainly try to eat 75-80 grams. Specially since i increased my strength training once got close to goal weight. Sometimes after a good workout ill have a light protein shake and that usually puts me over on my protein by the end of the day :)
  • colombiana444
    Options
    colombiana, u r 5ft right?..1200cals would be sufficient for you..but maybe not for those more than 5ft..i'm 5ft too..:grumble:

calorie requirements depends on your height, weight, age and gender..if i'm not mistaken..:smile:

I couldnt agree more. Everyone's body is different. Just putting my stuff out there :)

Im sure you can consume more calories if you exercise though. but so far 1200 works for me
  • leiba
    leiba Posts: 12
    Options

I agree! Calories are energy! You need more than 1200... you'll send your body into starvation mode if you go too low and actually LOWER your metabolism.. which none of us want!

Here is a GREAT article on everydayhealth.com on cutting too many calories and how it backfires!! :huh:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/fewer-calories-stalls-metabolism.aspx

Good luck chica! :wink:
  • leiba
    leiba Posts: 12
    Options

I couldnt agree more. Everyone's body is different. Just putting my stuff out there :)

Im sure you can consume more calories if you exercise though. but so far 1200 works for me

Every body is different! I didn't think about height, although 1200 does seem low... but maybe not for 5'. I am 5'7"... so it'd be low for me. Here's a website I found w/ a calculator to find out what you need to be eating... and it also has lots of other cool diet tools.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and was fine with 1200 until I stopped being overweight. As I progressed through the healthy BMI range I realized that I needed to eat more and more.

So do what your body tells you. If you're eating well, add more. I liked the sample meal plan given earlier here - I had something similar today, but with more added on. Try that, and add food where you feel you need it until you find a good rhythm.

You're not going to stumble on the magic formula instantly, because there is none. Eat more filling foods - oatmeal and lean meat are excellent - and play it by ear. Remember, the less weight you have to lose, the more calories you should eat.