Life changes (including wedding)

Options
Hi!! I am new to the boards. I have been on and off myfitnesspal for a while. I was the 20 something with bad eating habits and great metabolism. Now with the stress of my career picking up and metabolism slowing down I have gained about 20 lbs (over a few years).

I don't make time for myself anymore. I eat on the run (read: crap food) and the most exercise I get is walking to my car or to the kitchen. I've been unhappy with my weight for a while but my upcoming wedding was the catalyst I needed to prompt change. The other thing that made me start to change was my professional life. I work late hours due to a project I am supporting on the other side of the world. I need to be available to those folks during their daytime which is my night time. I was trying to schedule a meeting on a Monday afternoon with a manager. She told me she was tied up and to reschedule. When i left the office late that night I saw her walking back from the gym. At first I was upset thinking that the gym was a horrible reason to reschedule. Then I realized that everyone was looking out for their own health (as they should) and I needed to make time for myself and my health.

So far I've lost 4 lbs. in 2 weeks. I know that is healthy and a good pace but the impatient girl in me wants to be at my goal weight yesterday. This usually leads to me giving up on myself. I just need to stay motivated to keep it up. My bachelorette party is in about a month and I want to be halfway to my goal weight by then. The next milestone is my dress fitting.

I hope stopping by the boards when I am feeling like giving up helps spur me on.

Replies