Reading while on treadmill anyone???

Options
13»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ise311 wrote: »
    To me, if you're using treadmill at low speed, better don't use treadmill at all. There's hardly any effect to it.

Normally I would go from 4.5mph to 10mph speed, switching between it when my lungs couldnt take it. Aiming for HIIT although I still lack the stamina.

Well that's not true

Different people
    Different goals
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I read on an electronic tablet (my Nook or IPAD). It's great because it lies flat and you can make the font bigger if you're running. (I run and read also).

I'm an engineer and read lots of technical specs, so somehow got out of the habit of reading for enjoyment for a few years (too many I'm embarrassed to say)

I've read over 50 books on the treadmill at a dead run (mostly Sci Fi), and still going strong!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    To me, if you're using treadmill at low speed, better don't use treadmill at all. There's hardly any effect to it.

Normally I would go from 4.5mph to 10mph speed, switching between it when my lungs couldnt take it. Aiming for HIIT although I still lack the stamina.

I walk at the highest incline at 3.0 mph without holding on. This is a great workout and harder than faster but flat
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I believed this my whole life. I thought that if I didn't exercise like an Olympic athlete there wouldn't be any benefits. I was wrong wrong wrong. Very wrong.

I am literally walking my a## off without much exertion. I am able to walk up numerous flights of stairs without being a minute away from a heart attack. I go days without needing Advil for aching body parts. I am not sleepy all the time now. It's incredible how just walking has changed my life.

I read magazines on my Kindle and re-read books. I find that a repeat book and magazine articles best while walking. It does help the time go by. I would rather watch TV but it gets on my nerves because I have to have the volume way up to hear over the treadmill.