Stir Crazy

Options
So tomorrow night I am going out to eat at the restaurant Stir Crazy. They don't provide their nutritional information, but I want to get the healthiest option I can! Apparently you pick the different components of your stir fry and they mix it up for you! So if anyone has some insight, I was wondering what the best choice would be!?

1. Choose one:
Vegetarian
Chicken
Tofu
Flank Steak
Shrimp
Fresh Salmon
Ahi Tuna

2. Choose one:
White rice
Brown rice
Fried rice
Lo-Mein Noodle
Flat Rice Noodle
Shanghai Noodle

3. Go Crazy:
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Bamboo Shoots
Broccoli
Baby Corn
Carrots
Celery
Green/Red Peppers
Mushrooms
Napa Cabbage
Onions
Pea Pods
Pineapple
Spinach
Tomatoes
Water Chesnuts
Yellow Squash
Zucchini

4. Once you've selected your ingredients, choose from our made from scratch sauces to top off your creation: Classic Chinese, Garlic Ginger, Sweet and Sour, Thai Curry, Teriyaki, Kung Pao, Peanut or Szechwan. Gluten free sauces available. Ask your server.

For sure I'll do vegetarian and load up on veggies... but should I do brown rice or lo-mein? And what sauce?! And is there anything else added that I should know about? Like do they stir fry with oil? Yikes I'm nervous, I know nothing about Chinese food...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the brown rice and the garlic ginger sauce. Be sure to ask your server how they cook the rice and if there is added oil in the sauce. Adding the chicken wouldn't be a bad choice either. Sounds yummy - have fun!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I dont think you have to go completely vegetarian. I Would personally do a well balanced stir fry including, fiber, protein and keep it low fat.

Im sure you can ask for it to me cooked with no butter or oil.

I would do a chicken for my protein, brown rice as a filler, (fiber will keep you fuller throughout the day), and for the veggies i would add bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, and maybe spinash. Its good to have different colored produce since you want to comsume a wide variety of antioxidants.

As for the sauce... How about no sauce? but if you must... Ask for a glutten free sauce. they are normally flour free which im sure will save you some calories. I think the garlic ginger doesnt sound too bad. Def. nothing thick or creamy, or anything like a glaze (teriyaki) since it tends to have lots of sugar.

I hope this helps. :)