no Xplode

Options
Just starting a new strength training routine and someone recommended a product called no xplode to me. What is it and anyone have any comments about it? Also, my main issue is pain these days. What is a good supplement to aid in muscle repair? I am already taking a protein shake (20g whey isolate) twice a day. Thanks.

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Is that like Immodium?
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    lol, I know.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    lol, I know.

Or gas-X?

HA!
  • hikeout470
    Options
    It is suppose to help put you "in the zone" and give you extra strength for the training session. Hopefully no propulsion results.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    It's a pre-workout energy supplement. It helps you get pumped up for your workout and helps you focus more. I haven't used that brand, but I use other pre-workout energy powders and overall I like it :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and I guess it's ok, gave me a little bit of a boost (although a sugar free redbull pretty much had the same effect on me). It tastes AWFUL though. I mean seriously, I HATED the flavor, and I tried 3 different flavors.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just starting a new strength training routine and someone recommended a product called no xplode to me. What is it and anyone have any comments about it?

-Personally, I try to avoid products such as no explode. It seems most are just caffeine. I can get that in coffee or tea cheaper, and better tasting.

Also, my main issue is pain these days. What is a good supplement to aid in muscle repair?

-Balanced diet, quality stretching, and rest. Maybe ibuprofen and ice packs if you really need it.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    thanks! I am already on coffee this morning, maybe I'll pick some up for tomorrow. (today starts my weekend)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It is suppose to help put you "in the zone" and give you extra strength for the training session. Hopefully no propulsion results.

That might not be a bad thing.. you could invent JATO Squats. You could be rich!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    thanks! I am already on coffee this morning, maybe I'll pick some up for tomorrow. (today starts my weekend)

Yeah I MUCH prefer a cup of good coffee first thing when I'm doing a morning workout. If it's an evening one and I need a pick me up, sugar free red bull does the trick and tastes better to me. A whey based protein shake after my workout and I'm good to go!
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    I did some research on NO Xplode a while back. I'm not taking it, but there were lots of recommendations on starting off with about a quarter to half a scoop. If you take the full scoop, you could end up jittery. Work your way up to the full scoop.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should take this. I don't want to explode, either! Explosion prevention is high on my list of priorities.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    "BOOM!" goes the dynamite! I like fireworks. If it isn't fireworks, or if it is some kind of fireworks prevention device, then I don't want any.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I currently have some. It's good, but I wouldn't recommend it every single time. I found my body adjusted fairly quickly and the effects were less common after a while.

Basically it gives you a buzz, more energy to push through a workout (great if you're feeling tired and, like me, don't drink coffee) but not as a regular thing. It also won't work that well if you have food in your stomach, I find it works best at least 2 hours after food.

If you do have it, as somebody else said, work your way up to a full scoop. When I took it for the first time in around 6 months, I had 1 scoop, and felt a little too jittery for my liking, it was a fairly similar feeling to being drunk, not that great. It definitely helped, and I got more reps, but I didn't want that feeling again. I've taken it 2 or 3 times since then, but not regularly, as I want to see improvements in my strength naturally, and don't want to become reliant on it. If you're anything like me, it's disappointing to see strength/performance suffer, and if your used to taking it every training session, the time when you don't, your performance will naturally not be as good.

ETA: I have no idea if it helps for muscle repair, I wouldn't have thought so as it seems to be just for energy pre-workout, but I could be wrong.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I've used NO Xplode. Not a big fan. Made me too nervous.

I do use cycles of NO Shotgun. It gives you that boost plus 18 grams of protein.
  • Crazyasian1
    Options
    I swear by NOXplode, love the stuff. 30 minutes pre-workout, I dose it up. I find that I have more energy to push through those last few reps. Definitely gives you some pump, I find that if I don't use it I tend to lag a bit. And I don't think its entirely psychological as there have been a few times I found myself rushing to the gym and wondering why I'm fizzling out, then I remember that I forgot to take the NO.

The only downside is that it does act as a laxative (for me at least) so JATO squats are definitely a danger!
  • hikeout470
    Options
    I ended up purchasing a similar product, because it came in a smaller size. Laxative action, awesome!. Will report back tomorrow as to how it goes. Guess I will skip the coffee, lol!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I take it only before leg workouts (the hardest ones for me), 2x a week max. And I cycle off of it every few months. I am pretty tolerant to caffeine, and this gives me a bigger boost than coffee. I like it.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    ok, reporting back. The product I purchased is called WHITE FLOOD.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html

I drank it on the drive to the gym on an empty tummy, and it did get me a little hopped up! No gastrointestinal problems. Not a bad taste either.

I was lifting a bit more than last session, and working through the pain of yesterdays session. Today chest, shoulders, tri's, abs. Followed by cardio.

I felt tingly in a niacin sort of way, and pressure in my chest that breathing out seemed to relieve right after sets.

When I hit the treadmill, that is when I noticed, that starting out, my 5.3 was so slow, I thought the treadmill was broken. So another one, 5.3 seemed so slow, so I settled at 5.8 comfortably. Hmmm. I added a few sprints in there (HIIT) and first one was a real push, but he next three were good. Again with the exhaling.

I called it a day after that because I want to see how this pans out, and I can't be too sore tomorrow for the real life.

Grabbed my protein shake, and ran a few errands and wow, still felt a little something.

Next time I will use 1/2 the amount and probably that will be good.