Sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• GKingo
    GKingo Posts: 3
    Options
    I make sure my handbag has always got plenty of tic-tacs or other small mints with low calories! best way to curb those pesky cravings!!
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I'll ever fight it I'll be super proud of myself, but decided to allow myself it in fruits and little dairy every day by now
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, such as Green and Black xx
  • kt2312
    kt2312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also one of my downfalls. Ice cream and cream biscuits, especially shortbread.. Mmmmm.

I agreed with all of the above but also like to have herbal teas too. I love peppermint tea, chai tea and cranberry tea. They are great and are not gone I one bite, like some of the other bite size options.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, a few things that work for me are

low calorie chocolate mouse pots
    chocolate rice cakes (add chocolate philly and its amazing and still less than 150cals!)
    banana & PB (great in a home-made milkshake for breakfast)
    small chocolate digestive biscuits
    99cal milky-way

I know a lot of people have dark chocolate (doesnt work for me cos I like my chocolate the darker the better!!)
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've got that sweet tooth, too. I go for the really sweet fruits like pineapple. Also I keep sugar free gum in flavours I like on hand for those times when its a real candy craving. Also most candy is not too high in calories if you can eat just a few, 70 for 3 tootsie roll fruit chews, 90 for 6 junior mints, but you have to know yourself, it can be hard not to eat the whole box!
  • kerrbear20
    kerrbear20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TOTM week is when i always crave sugary things. Thats the week i allow myself to drink diet coke, seems to hit the spot for me :wink:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This may have been posted already but I wanted to share a recipe I got from a fellow MFP member! It is so good, easy and I think only 124 calories per "cup". Now some will say to "kill" the sweet tooth problem you'll have to stay away from sugar in general but I'm not ready to that yet so when I want a sweet treat I fix myself a little "cup" cake.

3 - 2 - 1 cupcake

1 box Angel Food cake mix
    1 box cake mix - any flavor

Combine both in a ziploc bag (best w/zip-lock or self seal). Mix well.
    Remember that one MUST be angel food cake. And angel food cake has egg whites (in case you have allergies)

Whenever you want a personal cupcake, mix ingred. below in a coffee cup:

3 tablespoons from the mixed cakes
    2 tablespoons water
    1 minute in the microwave
    (Notice why it is called 3 - 2 - 1?)

You can even add fat-free cool whip if you want.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, but are otherwise good about your diet, indulge! BUT!!!!!!!! Only 1 or 2 bites, as that is all it takes to quell a craving. If you don't think you can stop, only get a 1 or 2 bite serving and try it. A few extra calories from a bite or two (ONLY 1 or 2, don't do 1 or 2 ten times a day) will not kill your diet. Sometimes you have to indulge to keep yourself in line (rationale: if you've only experienced good things, you don't know they're good, they're normal)

The thing to remember through all of this, is if you want to lose the weight, keep it off, and feel great, you have to make a lifestyle change. Being healthy isn't a 'phase' its a life.