Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options

Replies

• stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    because there is no immature teenagers that pollute your threads.... oh well never mind.... it is just the same I agree...
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The people are about 100000000x more interesting, entertaining, inspiring, and just generally fabulous on here. I wish the people I knew in real life were a tiny fraction as awesome as they are on here.

Also, there is a lot more eye candy on here.

ha you said candy! LOL the people here are insipiring , i see the amount of hours and time spent , peoples stories and their success make me want to inspire too ..
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    because nobody sends me requests to play some stupid farm game!!!! :)
  • jgwhite
    jgwhite Posts: 23
    Options
    Simple. People on Facebook are real where as you all are figments of my imagination. So here I'm free to say whatever I'd like, you're all really just me anyway.

When I go to sleep nothing happens in the world...

Exactly! You can say stuff on here, and read about stuff on here that doesn't work where you actually "know" the people (assuming that most of you know your FB friends. I can say stuff here that my Mother will never hear about!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Its better because I don't have to get a play by play of some bored housewifes boring *kitten* day!
  • AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL

This!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

This! :laugh: And the fact that my friends on here are mainly striving for the same thing with the same struggles and successes. Not all my Facebook friends understand why or how I need to do this, not even some of my very best friends.

But variety is the spice of life, so I still use FB, just less frequently... perhaps when Zynga brings out a MFP game I will, lol! :flowerforyou:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    There are no cat pictures.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options

^^ this! i dont have coworkers and bosses on here!

Plus the motivation, the support, the same goals, etc

oh, and the feed isnt cluttered with games and stupid crap. There is plenty of stupid crap available, should i want to read it, but it is not streaming down my feed! I just wish MFP had more notifications.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't feel as comfortable expressing my weight loss journey on FB (just result pics!). Everyone here has a common goal so If I want to talk what I ate, how many calories I burned, rejoice about how much weight I’ve lost, etc. I get the support that I need instead of a “so what” response.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options

This!!!!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Easy ...

On FB, I post pics of my kids so my long-distance family can see them.

On MFP, I post pics of me with my slacks down for Black Thong Thursday so all my friends can see my panties.

Wait, what?
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i don't have to put up with pictures of other peoples kids.
    WIN!

TOP ANSWER!!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

Exactly this...I don't care about peoples chickens, goats, pigs or farms stop clogging my site with requests to play farmville and the other idiotic games!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    :laugh: DITTO!!!

the fact there is a goal means so much more to me, facebook is a worldwide joke:glasses:
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think it's better here than Facebook... just different. There is a lot more MEANINGFUL interaction and motivation here than there is on FB because of the common goals of so many of us on here.

I have moments where I would MUCH rather be on FB... I have never considered deactivating my Facebook account, but I have considered deactivating here several times... it is what it is. You take the good with the bad...
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm on here so much more! You guys have more interesting things to talk about than what you 6 week old did today!!

I love the support! Also love seeing all these awesome people who have changed their bodies and helping others as well!

Plus the abs, V, and friday threads make my day! :love:

:flowerforyou:
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options

yes!!! best answer so far!!

also i can talk about fitness and healthy eating without people getting sick of it because thats what we are all here for.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I like MFP better because it is more interactive and people here have the same goals as I do.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Its better because I don't have to get a play by play of some bored housewifes boring *kitten* day!

AMEN SISTER!!!! AAAAAAMEN!