What else goes well with plain greek yogurt??

Options
I just discovered fresh pineapple in fage 0% is amazinggg. No more fake fruit greek yogurts for me. What else have I been missing out on that goes well with plain greek yogurt? It's probably about the same amount of sugar as the flavored ones, but at least it's more protein, and less, "fake" sugar..

Replies

• MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The list is endless! ANY fruit compote (you can just microwave some frozen berries), nuts and honey, chocolate shavings, protein powder, granola, slices of banana and 1 of your favourite biscuits crumbed :D
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do plain yogurt w/grapes, less sugars than the already added fruit, but I still eat those too, they are yummy!
    I also add grape nuts cereal to the grapes & yogurt sometimes!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The list is endless! ANY fruit compote (you can just microwave some frozen berries), nuts and honey, chocolate shavings, protein powder, granola, slices of banana and 1 of your favourite biscuits crumbed :D

ditto to all this.

i also started swapping out sour cream for plain greek yogurt and will never go back. my friend served it on the side with some taco cups recently and it was so delicious i couldnt believe it was GY
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Every morning I put at tablespoon or two of 0% greek yogurt on my steel-cut oats/kamut/spelt/flax/hemp seed/blueberry/amond-butter cereal .
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    I like to put a packet of Crystal Light into my greek yogurt, mix it up, it turns into a sweet treat. You just taste the crystal light not the yogurt. Its the only way I can eat greek yogurt. My fav is the raspberry flavor.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    For a yummy treat, try Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Chocolate Greek Yogurt with fresh berries! Yum!
    With the plain yogurt..... absolutely anything. I like to top a waffle with it, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and raw sugar, and then have sliced bananas and strawberries on the side to dip. Makes a great breakfast!
  • sciencenerd2011
    Options
    I like it with preserves and a little granola. Frozen/fresh berries are great too.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    mixed with melted choc =)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I use it in recipes in place of cream cheese, sour cream, or even butter. There was a great tip list on Pinterest about ways to use it.

I like it in lasagna, Mexican chicken, and Mac and Cheese.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Cereal or granola is what I use with it. Special K is what I use the most, and also just started using an organic dark chocolate granola. So freakin' good!!! I mixed it with a raspberry greek and it tasted like a naughty dessert! lol
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i made oatmeal muffins with greek yogurt once and theey were amazing...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is mixing cottage cheese and greek yogurt together and eating with avocado. I tried this just because I didn't want to eat extra cottage cheese since its so high in sodium so figured this would make a bigger healthier serving without adding the sodium. So, I'm happy it turns out i really like it.

I use it in smoothies, in place of sour cream for tacos, in place of mayo for chicken salad, mix it with honey and mustard to make a creamy honey mustard & mix with honey and berries.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Check out the breakfast I had today in my food diary.

Greek yogurt + berries + Kashi Go Lean mixed in = HEAVEN!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love mine with honey,granola, protein powder,coconut butter or some stevia vanilla flavor. yum!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream and in place of mayo . . . so my vote is for everything. (good on tacos, mixed with ranch seasoning as a dip, in chicken or tuna or what not salad, etc.)
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I love it with teaspoon no added sugar jam, teaspoon of natural peanut butter and handful of fresh blueberries!! Amazing! Xxx
  • birdymama
    Options
    Honey and almonds!!!
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    I used to just sprinkle it with truvia and worked my way into plain old plain fage! but a couple fresh raspberries and slivered almonds is super good :-)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Honey and walnuts. Heaven!