Cutesy NSV

jenbunboo
jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
I'm down 30 lbs, and from a size 18 to a loose 14. Those were great successes. However, my best success came this weekend with my fiance.

We've been together for about 9 and a half years, and in the beginning we only got to see each other on weekends. We developed a ritual when we were together, where every night we fell asleep spooning, and he would put one hand on my hip and squeeze it. When we were apart, every night we would talk right before bed, and would always do "tuck-ins", where we would imagine being together, spooning, and imagine him squeezing my hip. Kinda corny, but it helped get us through being apart. Well, we started living together a few years ago, and never wanted to give up the specialness of those hip squeezes, so every night, they still happened. He is back away during the week again, as he has a friend who lives 7 minutes from where he works, while we're about 90 minutes from his office, if there is no traffic. Well, Friday night, when he squeezed my hip, he told me there was less of it, and I actually encouraged him to squeeze my side. The man has been with me from size 9 to size 18 and everywhere in between. I know he loves me, and I know he loves me no matter what shape I take. But him knowing that my hips are shrinking, and my having the courage to tell him to feel my side shrinking, that felt pretty awesome.

Replies

• eklopez14
    eklopez14 Posts: 23 Member
    Good for you on all accounts!!!! :happy:
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Enjoy the journey! You are doing fantastic! Soak up all the compliments he gives you, you deserve them.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Cool! My fiance and I do the same thing.
    Right now my nephew measures me w/hugs! He can now touch & link his fingers when he hugs me!
    So I totally understand your NSV :-)
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    always feels great when the people we love most notices and compliments our hard work, but even more so when we feel strong enough to share those vulnerable pieces of our lives......thx for sharing
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 120 Member
    That is a great NSV! So adorable and something to be proud of!!

My husband and i are the same way. He has been with me at my skinniest and my heaviest but loves me no matter what. I am down almost 20 pounds and the other day he hugged me and said he notices how much i am "shrinking" as he put it! LOL It feels awesome when our loved ones take notice doesn't it!!

Keep rocking the weight loss girl!
  • That's very sweet, if he is anything like my husband he just wants to see you happy with yourself. Congrats, you found a good one :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!